Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have perused this forum for awhile, but finally joined and posting for the first time.

I am having a terrible time with my radiator fan on my 2013 Jeep JK. The OEM fan stopped working in mid June, and was replaced with a TYC radiator fan from Napa in late July when I could get around to fixing it- worked great for a week and then suddenly stopped working again. I figured it couldn't be the fan again, so took a month and two different mechanics, one dealership diagnostic checkup, and it turned out that it was really just the fan was bad. By this time I had replaced the thermostat housing, thermostat and the engine coolant temp sensor, and had the electronics tested by the dealership near me. Took the faulty radiator fan back to Napa and exchanged it for a new fan, put it in and it worked great for, once again, one week. On my way home from work today I stopped to fill up the gas tank, and when I turned the Jeep back on the fan no longer worked. Getting another replacement from Napa on Thursday, but I am worried this will not solve anything, as I have already gone through two fans in the last two months.

My thoughts at this point are that:
1. The Jeep really does only play nice with MOPAR electronics, and will only run correctly with a MOPAR fan- I know the dealership always tells you this but maybe in this case they're right?

2. Something in the TIPM is causing the fan to break, is this even possible?

3. I am way off base and it is something totally different.

Any help ya'll could give me would really be appreciated- I want to get my JK back up and running reliably! :)

·
Registered
925 Posts
All I can tell you, that it is not too uncommon for new parts to fail consecutively.

Unfortunately I had my fair share of personal experiences with that in the past. It is PITA and it will really throw you off.

So unless that fan is confirmed to be not failing intermittently, then among the items on your checklist, I suggest to keep another brand fan in mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts