Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One complaint about the JL Wrangler is the rear view mirror. It blocks a significant amount of the windshield. I'm 5'7", so I can only imagine it is a worse problem for most drivers.

Doing a search, I found several users who also complained about this issue. There were some that said they were able to "flip" the mirror upside down, and it helped. Several others said they tried this, and it either broke the mount, or pulled the mirror off of the mount.

I tried it one afternoon, and it worked like a charm. 10 seconds, and I had found the best hack for me Jeep.

Here is a link to my video, showing how to do it:

·
Registered
953 Posts
When I sat in a JL for the first time, this is what perturbed me the most. I'm 6'4, the mirror just about blocked most of the right side. I have a '15 JK. I moved the mirror in the first week of ownership. Heat to the button to remove it and mirror cement to move it all the way up. There will be some aftermarket parts for this eventually to move it up for the JL.

Good video, very simple.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 19 Rubicon... don’t notice anything wrong with mirror.... but I’m short....5’4”.... so maybe an issue if you are taller? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jeep JL Rear View Mirror Hack

For me, it is a personal choice. On all my vehicles, I move the mirror all the way up so my scan goes under it. I noticed on my 2018 Sport JLU that the mirror was in the way of my scan and that I could not move it up out of the way. I am becoming use to it, but I may try to turn the mirror upside down in order to move it upward to improve my scan. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm more annoyed with the fact that they took the map lights off of the mirror. My JKU has them and I use them often. I was expecting them to still be there, but updated to LED's. Also, what's the deal with the two colors of lights on the overhead fixture?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same here, I notice nothing wrong with the rearview.
If it doesn't bother you, that's great! I'm just happy to have found such an easy fix for something that annoyed me. And, I figure, if that's all I have to complain about, it's just more proof that it's the best vehicle I've ever had!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just took mine out. I'm 6'4" and it took up too much real estate in the windshield. It just snaps in and out. No fasteners needed to remove...
Your results may vary. I don't have the ACC or Auto-Park whatsitsthingy... No wires or lights. Just the mirror.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
One complaint about the JL Wrangler is the rear view mirror. It blocks a significant amount of the windshield. I'm 5'7", so I can only imagine it is a worse problem for most drivers.

Doing a search, I found several users who also complained about this issue. There were some that said they were able to "flip" the mirror upside down, and it helped. Several others said they tried this, and it either broke the mount, or pulled the mirror off of the mount.

I tried it one afternoon, and it worked like a charm. 10 seconds, and I had found the best hack for me Jeep.

Here is a link to my video, showing how to do it:

thanks for the video. i was just thinking about that again the other day. i have a long commute on interstates where visibility can be key. i was searching for a replacement when i saw this. i'm gonna have to try it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts