Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

Build Thread Queen
Discussion Starter #41
I dropped a cell phone between the console and drivers seat. I agree PITA.

I saw a thingy at Wally world that is sold to fit in the space keep you from dropping things in there. Thought about a piece of black pipe insulation . Ended up using a pair of big ugly yellow chore gloves and a extra black knit hat. I was carrying the hat and gloves in the vehicle as spares just moved them to keep me from dropping stuff between the seats.

I lost an electrical adapter in the Emergency Brake slot. It is still in there as I did not think it was worth the trouble to take things apart. I tried reaching in there that space inside is huge.
Yeah, and to actually GET in there, you have to remove the shifters and all kinds of trim! MAJOR pain in the :mooning:!

Commercial Member
With a little help from jdambm, I think I figured out that they are in the black hole behind the emergency brake. Waiting for Mike to get home from work now to help me pull the console. 馃う

I will definitely post again when we find them, so in case anyone searches for this solution in the future, they'll have some luck.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions! I REALLY appreciate it! You guys are the best! :worthy:

Your post from 2014 helped me find my jeep keys. Wedged between the passenger seat inside rail a little flap from the carpet. I slid the seat all the way back and started beating on the floorpan and heard a slight sound. May not have been in the same spot, but your post got me fired up after 2 days of searching. Anyways...Thanks!!!

Registered
Your post from 2014 helped me find my jeep keys. Wedged between the passenger seat inside rail a little flap from the carpet. I slid the seat all the way back and started beating on the floorpan and heard a slight sound. May not have been in the same spot, but your post got me fired up after 2 days of searching. Anyways...Thanks!!!
Ha! Our recently purchased 2018 Wrangler came with only one key. After seeing this post, I went searching the area. While I didn't find the other key, I came up with two pens, some hard candies, and an Armor All vent-clip stencher that I promptly threw in the trash. I'd previously blamed the smell on the crap that new car dealers spray in the interior. Glad to have that gone! :)

Registered
This thread saved the day.

Dropped my credit card yesterday and couldn't see it at all under the drivers seat.

Was certain it dropped between the console and the seat.

Lifted up the carpet and found the credit card.

Sure glad that Starbrite lost her keys and created this thread.

Registered
I lost a Swiss Army knife into the abyss behind the e-brake, and have had a few close calls with other items. One day when I have to go in there for something more pressing, I imagine I will see it again.

I feel the pain of those who have had things drop into the crannies of a JK/JKU.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts