Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recently hooked my jeep (2001 TJ 4.0L) up with a RC 4"-lift with 35's. Any how before the lift the Jeep had somewhat slick tires on an leaned to the passengers side between 1/2 an inch and 3/4 of an inch. After reading about spring sag I assumed that was it... however I was wrong...since the new spring an lift did not level it out. I measured the distance from frame to the ground (in the middle of the frame) Then I got worried and thought well maybe it was in a wreck so I checked the CarFax history report and called the past owner both whom said the Jeep had never been wrecked. I seem to have an issue I can't figure out any ideas? I have heard it could be the rear o front swaybar sticking causing the Jeep to lean. I have tried to put the plastic/rubber spring boosters in the passenger springs to level it out but it only worked to bring it up a 1/4 of an inch. When I googled the problem I saw in another Jeep forum someone said they used JKS Quiker Discos to fix a similar problem...Please Advise.:confused: Sorry such a long first post.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Did you do this on a flat surface, you being in Arkansas I know thats tough to do seeing as how the animals tend to have longer legs on the downhill sides :D

You should already have adjustable disconnects at that height, disconnect the sway bars and bounce on the jeep a few times then measure but measure from the center of the wheel hubs to the edge of the fender flares before and after you disconnect, then bounce it a few times, see if it settles flat.
If you go to the jks site, under instructions for the jks disconnects there will be a couple of pics of what the sway bar angle on the front is supposed to look like.
I know this may sound kind of weird but this tilt you feel, sure your seat base is not broken ? I know the drivers side seat on one of my 97's is shot and I feel my hips being cocked towards the center console and I'm going to swap seats till I can get the money for a better set.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Rich I will have to try that.
Oh, by the way not originaly from Arkansas it is just where the wife decided was best for us to raise the family after I got out of the USAF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts