Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so as Ive written in another post , I have just installed a 3.5" lift using Rock Krawler Coils , MetalCloak control arms, Have a PSC front bumper/skid/winch ( 156#) and an LOD rear bumper tire carrier ( 125#) = ( 281# total)

My 2016 JKU Rubicon has the Jeep lean to the passenger side.
I am not convinced its the Gas tank suggestion as I have measured with full tank and almost empty tank.

Measurements obtained from measuring from ground through center of wheel to the bottom portion of the stock (oem) fender

MC 2.5" lift - stock bumpers - LF 41.25" LR 41.25" RF 40.75" RR 40.75"
RK 3.5" Lift - PSC front/LOD rear LF 40.25" LR 40.50 RF 39.75 RR 39.75"
Rear Left tire shifted left 1/2" and of course right rear shifted left 1/2" - Measured from frame to outside lug of tire ( multiple locations and was 1/2" difference)

Both lift measurements were using Rock Krawler Rear axle correction wedges

SO------ Would getting an adjustable Rear track bar correct both issues ?
I have read so many post where people have complained and attempted to correct the jeep lean, swapping coils, adding spacers , adding rear adjustable track bar. I see where some have corrected with all the previous mentioned. But as you can see from my measurements Both new sets of coils had the lean to the passenger side by 1/2"

Will most likely get the Superlift adjustable rear track bar as I see Pressurized and KJeeper10 give it a thumbs up...

Any further advice to getting rid of my gangsta lean ?

BTW - I am going to loosen all CA and track bars, sway bar end links this weekend , shake it vigorously and re-tighten - Before tightening should I back it up and forth a few times then re-tighten ?

·
Super Moderator
21,977 Posts
might just add spacers on the passenger side. really tho you have very little lean. I would say most would consider that good. for sure if your axle is off centered I would center it. I doubt it will affect your lean tho.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think that maybe if I added an adjustable rear track bar and adjusted shorter then stock it would pull the axle from left to right thus relieving tension on the right rear coil and equal out sides - Im not good a graphics but somewhat like a ---> Z

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would think that maybe if I added an adjustable rear track bar and adjusted shorter then stock it would pull the axle from left to right thus relieving tension on the right rear coil and equal out sides - Im not good a graphics but somewhat like a ---> Z
Did you ever try it? I've got the same thing happening. I have RK 2.5 springs.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have the 3.5 RK X Factor lift with the rear axle track bar bracket and rear adjustable track bar. My axles are less than 1/8" from being perfectly centered and my passenger side sat 1" lower with a full tank and with an empty tank of fuel. After putting around 1000 miles on my lift, the passenger side is ab 1/4" lower and is now unnoticeable, so it does seem to be settling with miles.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I did buy 1" spacers for that side but by the time I got a chance to put them in I realized it was just 1/4". That was ab 500 miles ago, the measurements as of right now sitting in my garage are:
Front D&P 43"
Rear D 43.5
Rear P 43.25

I have Ace stub bumper with Zeon winch up front
Factory hard top, Stock rear bumper, no spare tire or factory carrier
37/13.5r18 Toyo MT at 27psi
Hope that helps you any!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts