Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 X seems to lean toward the passenger side. I noticed it enough to measure and it is about 1 inch lower but visible to the eye.

I would like to do just a BB so I can spent $$ on wheels/tires but I'm wondering if a coil lift/shocks might be the best route and fix this other issue too. Looking at OME for that route but, honestly, this is mostly for looks and $250 BB would be fine too.

Basically....what should I look for in terms of this lean/sag on the passenger side. If I could resolve that somehow I'd just do the BB. If I could be ensured that the OME kit would resolve...I would obviously do that. However...what I don't want to do is spend $800 on the OME kit only to find I still have a sag problem.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
mine leans to the passenger side as well. i have the stock springs and shocks with 82k miles on them. so i figured they were just old and saggy. (lol) but, i've read more than once that jeeps tend to lean to the right. still not sure why. never really found the answer, but i'm hoping once i get new springs and shocks it'll level out.

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
thats the side that the engine torques to

·
Registered
413 Posts
Means they have swagga

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had and still do have it even after a new lift kit springs and shocks. Motor tourque sounds like a good reason but I thought that all new parts would have fixed it.

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
my rough country lift uses a stiffer spring on the rear right for anti squat

·
Registered
505 Posts
it is actually engine TQ that wears that side faster as far as i have researched and deducted.. as far as a fix.. gain a few pounds so you counter act it :p

·
Registered
505 Posts
this is some work and IMO if your going to get that far into it just get new springs..

but i dont think that would really help because you would just be putting the worn out spring on the driver instead of passenger.. at it would lean to the left until you wear out the spring enough that they both need replaced..

best advice, get new springs

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
The OME springs are different lengths to counteract the torque load of the motor. When the springs are properly installed the Jeep will sit level.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Get a smaller girlfriend! Lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts