Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow jeepers, I am about to lift my jeep but i would first like to know everything ill be needing to install so I don't break something or have serious problems. I am getting skyjackers standard 4" lift kit that comes with: front+rear leaf springs w/ bushings, front and rear hydro shocks, U-bolts, track bar brackets, and installation hardware (not sure what this includes) then I will also be buying a 3" body lift. Then 35 tires and 4.88 gears. That's all i know that I need. Any tips or advice and what else I need would be highly appreciated

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
1in body and 1in shackle lift would be ALOT better then an unsafe 3in body lift. Dont waste your time putting the track bars back in. And are yo doing a rear axle swap at the same time? You know the Dana 35 dont like bigger then 33's. The one on my ZJ is hating me right now with 35's and it never gets wheeled.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have a 3 inch BL and 3 Inch SL. My jeep go nailed in the front by a plow truck 4 or 5 years ago and the body didn't fly off like people say. My frame was bent 2 inches to the drivers side. it doesn't look the best but.. I found that my jeep rode quite a bit better w/o the track bars, and flexed better also. U will need an sye also.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I don't need the track bar?? and I think I need longer sway bar right? im new to this stuff not sure what I need and what I dont

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it says bumpsteer is caused when the track bar and drag link aren't parallel any more. will not having the track bar cause bump steer? or any other steering problems?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
it says bumpsteer is caused when the track bar and drag link aren't parallel any more. will not having the track bar cause bump steer? or any other steering problems?
For a coil spring set up not a leaf sprung set up. I have no trac bars and no sway bar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts