Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't laugh but I have a JEEP logo portable radio. It has a CD player and comes with a 2 tube flourescent light on the the top. I have lost the wall charger for it and cannot find the manufacturer. So....does any one have a radio like this that can send me the specs on the charger. the radio is silver and about 18"L x 9"H x 8" W.

Thanks for your help, Doug

·
Registered
239 Posts
The voltage/polarity requirements may be printed on the power jack location. Just go buy a "Wall Wart" that meets those requirements. If there is a data plate on the radio, there may be a part number you can google to help find the info you need.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JEEP logo radio

That is what I've been trying to do. No info on radio re. wall wart. 800 # on radio is no longer good. Rechargeable battery manufacturer won't respond to email . I found a wall wart that matches voltage but the connector is wrong style.:confused: So I'm hoping somebody has one of these things that I can see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeep logo radio

Re, the pics of the radio...no and no..It looks like a boom box, silver in color and approx. 18"long x 9"deep x 8" tall. I'd post a pic if I knew how.
Thanks.

·
Administrator
42,308 Posts
I don't know about the smart phone aps but here are ways to post pics on a PC:

• Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 750 x 1000 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 220 KB. [1000 x 750 pixels acceptable for vertical format] Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc. Please note - we will remove dead links as we find them

To do this: Paste the url of the image into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here

The image will appear where the url was in your text.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have an old adaptor that I use on various electronics that is really cool. It has switches on the back that goes from AC to DC and the various voltage. You can probably find something like that. It will work for your radio and after that radio bites the dust, you will use that adaptor on about a hundred other things during your lifetime.

Just found this, http://www.business-supply.com/p-25...ucttargetid}&gclid=COXLrM7u7rgCFQto7AodoSYA4w

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Try Radio Shack, they have the wall warts with an adapter end and the plugs for all DC power jacks. Take your radio with you so you get the one that fits.

Watch polarity, most are positive center, odd ones arn't. You can put the adapter on either way. Make sure first. You don't want to burn out your radio.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is the radio. Called the guy and he sold radios like that 5yrs. ago and can,t remove the pic from his catalog !

Thanks hardermod,otter, &sparky

1 - 13 of 13 Posts