Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just lost my 02 TJ to Sandy and looking to replace with another TJ. I was advised by a buddy to join this forum for help. I've been reading tons of threads on other Wrangler topics and am hopeful you guys can help me replace my baby and cure my Wrangler withdrawal. Talk to me people!!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
With wanting another TJ, prolly have better luck in the Tj section. The advice you would get here is, "Get a JK, a "real" Jeep". Don't crucify me, just heard it more than a few times.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
What ever you get its still a jeep I have seen some crazy jacked up bad ass cj7's I have always wanted one. sorry about your loss but if you have the cash I bet you will be able to get parts left and rite up there I would build one.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
What ever you get its still a jeep I have seen some crazy jacked up bad ass cj7's I have always wanted one. sorry about your loss but if you have the cash I bet you will be able to get parts left and rite up there I would build one.
I say go with what makes you happey, who is anyone to judge MY Jeep and MY tastes?

·
Administrator
2020 Jeep Gladiator
42,810 Posts
Real sorry to hear about your loss. I have a friend it town that rolled his Jeep. The insurance company totaled it and wrote him a check to pay it off. He then turned around and bought it back for a fraction of the price. He took the remaining money and turned it into a major rock crawler. :thumb:

Just a thought.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the advice and condolences. I've already received my check from my insurance company and am on the prowl. And for the record, I'm stickin with the TJ. I'll check out the TJ page and see what I can find out. Thanks again. Keep rollin.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Sorry you lost your TJ but my advice is go with another TJ! :thumb:

Oh, and on an unrelated note, I have a TJ for sale. :wavey:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is there a "Jeep lost to Sandy" section?

I feel you - I lost my '00 Sahara. Just pulled the plates off today. There is a fine fuzz growing over every surface of the interior and the wheels, bumpers are all starting to bloom.

I am/was wrestling with the same TJ/JK question. Test drove my first JK- a '13 Sport 2 door on Saturday. Was an awesome ride, and happily very "jeepy". Of course the interior had less beach sand in it...but it was a fun ride. So what to do?

If the numbers work, I am aiming for a Sport S 2 Door, with the 3.73 gear, probably both tops.

If not...I'd happily be back in a TJ. Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just realized I posted in the JK forum. Thanks for the heads up Kolector!! Still learning to navigate the site

1 - 10 of 10 Posts