Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to co and ended up buying a 90 wrangler yj and it has an extensive amount of repairs to be done. I don't know much about working on vehicles so I need a trustworthy mechanic or shop that can help me out. Any recommendations?!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Devonlamielle.YJ said:
I just moved to co and ended up buying a 90 wrangler yj and it has an extensive amount of repairs to be done. I don't know much about working on vehicles so I need a trustworthy mechanic or shop that can help me out. Any recommendations?!
Explain the repairs, it will help :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clutch suddenly has almost no resistance and shifter won't go in to gear. Before that happened it would sometimes die when in neutral. It's not the fuel pump so i don't know what else it could be. Also it seems that sometimes the tranny bounces when driving over bumps. Only In second gear

·
Registered
2018 JK Willys Wheeler W: Dana 44 rear, Dana 30 front, 3.73 gears, Rock Rails, BFG Mud Terrains
447 Posts
I moved here in February and I have used these guys twice.

http://www.allamerican4x4.com/

They were professional and know jeeps. I hate paying for a mechanic but I couldn't figure out my death wobble (they knew the term!) and they had it done in a day.

About a week later my starter crapped out, this I would have fixed myself but I was late for work and it died at a gas station. I have free towing on my insurance so I just had them take it back to All American. It cost like $300 for a starter which I thought was a bit pricey but it was done...

In all they are great but you might pay a smidge more than the cheapest mechanic around.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Cheap and good are not equal.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Devonlamielle.YJ said:
Clutch suddenly has almost no resistance and shifter won't go in to gear. Before that happened it would sometimes die when in neutral. It's not the fuel pump so i don't know what else it could be. Also it seems that sometimes the tranny bounces when driving over bumps. Only In second gear
Fuel injected or carb? Link issue with the t case possibly, trnny bounce could be a tranny mount, clutch issue is all Clay! Sorry Clay, lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback. It's a carb. The 2.5 4 banger sure seems to come with its share of issues. A few people have mentioned taking it to Mile High 4x4. Any input on that?

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Devonlamielle.YJ said:
Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback. It's a carb. The 2.5 4 banger sure seems to come with its share of issues. A few people have mentioned taking it to Mile High 4x4. Any input on that?
The 2.5 is tbi, not carb, and I've never used mile high 4x4. Where do you live? I used my mechanic around my house, wounded by a friend and decent priced. They worked on mine a few times

1 - 9 of 9 Posts