Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Memorial Day (honoring the deceased) has passed and Veteran's Day (honoring living Veterans, 11 Nov 2017) is not quite 6 months away... some info on this rebate and some interesting numbers/statistics on who qualifies for this rebate follow...

Jeep Military Cash - possibly surprising to some --- not many Jeep buyers qualify for this rebate...

Rebate qualifications: "Active, Active Reserve, Retired Military, Retired Military Reserve or are an honorably discharged veteran within 12 months of your discharge date" See https://www.jeep.com/en/incentives/bonus-incentives/ There are additional incentives for military personnel stationed overseas see the preceding link for FCA links to that option.

Interesting fact, and for perspective... ~93% of the US population have not served in the military (in any capacity)...

Folks that live near large US military bases often guess that 20%-30% of folks are active duty or have served in the military but it's only a small fraction of that.

"As of Jan. 31, 2015, there were close to 1.4 million people serving in the U.S. armed forces, according to the latest numbers from the Defense Manpower Data Center, a body of the Department of Defense. That means that 0.4 percent of the American population is active [duty] military personnel."

If you add in military retirees and veterans, you still only get to 7.3% of all living Americans have served in the military at some point in their lives.

BTW: More detailed info that may explain why there are twice the amount of Army- themed Jeep accessories (e.g. tire covers/decals) than USAF & Navy below and at this link... https://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/what-percentage-of-americans-have-served-in-the-military/

The Marines are truly "the Few and the Proud" at only 0.8%

3.1 percent of all living Americans have served in the Army,

1.7 percent in the Navy,

1.4 percent in the Air Force and

0.8 percent in the Marines,

the remaining 0.5 percent served in either Reserve or non-defense roles.

Thank you to Wrangler Forum members and fellow Jeep owners who have served. :thumb:

Reactions: pakrjeep

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with the sentiment above. Huge thanks to all the men and women who have served to protect us. I'm so glad Jeep offers a perk to those brave few.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I am having the time of my life in the Navy. My first duty station out of college was the hospital in Okinawa, Japan. Now I am in Norfolk, VA attached to a Surgical Team. Thanks to those who have served, are serving, or will serve in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts