Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. my jeep is missing heavily. I have pulled all the plugs and everyone of them shows spark. The only thing I haven't replaced is the carb. I have a weber to put on but cant do it until I take it to a mechanic or the jeep shop. I also don't thing the chock works :eek: Also my jeep wouldn't start when I stoped at ritas. I waited 10 mins and it started right back up its been doing this for a month or two. 4.2L carter, not nuttered, 50k mileage

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Nutter works , are ur plugs lined up right ? Look into team rush. Upgrade to webber asap, mine would stall and wouldn't turn on for 20 min figured out all the fuel was going to return line and not enough to carb. Once up grade to webber it will be dramatic change watch. Another note just upgrade to fuel injection cant wait for me to save up for it. I have 88 4.2 yj inline 6

·
Registered
742 Posts
If your ride has to go to a mechanic to install the new carb anyway (which I suggest) why not just have him set everything up properly? I doubt he would ever return it to you with the engine "missing". Just my opinion

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If your ride has to go to a mechanic to install the new carb anyway (which I suggest) why not just have him set everything up properly? I doubt he would ever return it to you with the engine "missing". Just my opinion
You are right i have to do the same get my carb adjusted correctly

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I can see fuel entering the carb. yes they are lined up right too. I was thinking that if the weber didn't work, I was going to go to a junk yard. Find a 4.0 steal the head, throttle body fuel pump harness and convert it over to EFI. But ill see how the weber goes first. My jeep does the same thing with the stalling

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to my mechanic, he says he wont install it because of the computers, and how it would fight the new carb. I'm not sure if he knows about the bypass and how sharp he is with jeeps. A buddy of mine who builds race cars says he can do it. I guess it would be a fuel issue since I'm getting spark

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I talked to my mechanic, he says he wont install it because of the computers, and how it would fight the new carb. I'm not sure if he knows about the bypass and how sharp he is with jeeps. A buddy of mine who builds race cars says he can do it. I guess it would be a fuel issue since I'm getting spark
Look the computer dont plug in to webber. I actually did it my self. Fairly easy. Just cuz ur getting fuel does not mean your getting proper pressure. With the webber u will need a regulator FYI. Have u checked filter. Have u done timing. ? Computer is totally by passed once webber is on

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a new holly fuel reg. to put on I got with the carb. the timing is the last thing that was checked, its spot on.

·
Registered
742 Posts
You went to the wrong mechanic. Check with your local "Jeep Club" to see the mechanic they recommend. A real jeep mechanic will know exactly what needs to be done and has no problem doing it.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You went to the wrong mechanic. Check with your local "Jeep Club" to see the mechanic they recommend. A real jeep mechanic will know exactly what needs to be done and has no problem doing it.
Gunner from socal club house fixed Mine

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: replaced the last 2 things. pickup coil and ignition module. it seemed to make it worse!! They are 26 years old and cheap to replace, oh well. I guess ill install the weber and let you guys know

1 - 14 of 14 Posts