Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow jeepers looking for some advice. Lately my jeep has started overheating quite a bit when Im wheeling. It all just started randomly about 6 months ago. Since then Ive changed to a new radiator, a new thermostat, new High flow cat and new muffler, new fan clutch.

My friend who has the same jeep will be fourwheeling right next to me and my gage is in the red and I have to shut down while his is just fine in the middle

Any ideas my friends as to what could be causing the overheat issue.:nonono:

Fyi it only overheats when doing some hardcore fourwheeling.. not around town. But keep in mind my buddy right next to me has normal temps doing same hills.:rolleyes:

Some info:
99 jeep wrangler 4.0
35 inch tires
5.22 gears
automatic
389,000 miles

Any help appreciated.... :surrender:

·
Registered
50 Posts
How long have you had your water pump? When you got your new radiator, did you flush the cooling system as well? Hopefully your head isn't warped... I had my share of overheating issues (I'm in Vegas) and I still get to around 3/4 of the gauge.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Did your a good flush? After changing the rad have you checked it to see if there is dirt or junk in the new rad? If so you need to reflush and drain the block. I had this problem and would drive fine until wheeling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts