Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any entertaining jeeping/overlanding/off-roading videos or series I can watch on netflix/Hulu/YouTube/Amazon/etc? Something to get my fix while recovering from surgery on the sofa?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'm not an overlanding guy, but have had a few surgeries... Find TrailRecon on Youtube. He's pretty good, and makes overlanding interesting, even to me.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yep, definitely give TrailRecon a look. Best I've seen for overlanding Jeep stuff, especially as far as video production quality goes

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm a fan and subscriber of TrailRecon as well.
Good people and down to earth yet very professional style.
Lots of fun with great information and they show GPS coordinates of their routes too.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Chris Schontz <SP> with Venture4WD is quirky, but I have been watching him for quite a few years now. Tune in to see how he burns his grilled cheese this week.

Loved TrailRecon, but as I am a bit cynical, it is getting a bit commercialized. I'm holding out to see it come back in line again. Loved the original guy just grinding through it. Now, sponsors do a lot of the work. Still great camping and he works hard to make it successful.

CoyoteWorks is pure overlanding in Eastern Oregon, guns and has a great root of looking for historical sites.

Wayalife has to be mentioned. He is a jerk, but the videos used to be good and now he likes to slam everything around for effect when he is bolting stuff on. Day overlanding.

Dirt Everyday is fun stuff! Tons of money thrown at that production. Not much overlanding, pure jeeping.

Early Primal Outdoors with the truck was great.

Those are a few I can think of.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Another vote for trail recon. Two other channels I like are venture4x4 and Ronny Dahl.

Reactions: Haust

·
Registered
93 Posts
LiteBrite is catching on and pretty fun to watch.

JKGearandGadgets is awesome.

BleepinJeep Fab, wheeling, etc.

AutoEditJason <- builds a JKU, installs, how to's wheeling vids.

CrawlTV couple traveling along with their build.

JCROffroad has some a few longer youtube videos too

·
Registered
536 Posts
Another vote for TrailRecon, Coyote Works, Primal Outdoors though he is lacking lately, Lifestyle Overland and my favorite Venture4wd.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,871 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Chris Schontz <SP> with Venture4WD is quirky, but I have been watching him for quite a few years now. Tune in to see how he burns his grilled cheese this week.

Loved TrailRecon, but as I am a bit cynical, it is getting a bit commercialized. I'm holding out to see it come back in line again. Loved the original guy just grinding through it. Now, sponsors do a lot of the work. Still great camping and he works hard to make it successful.

CoyoteWorks is pure overlanding in Eastern Oregon, guns and has a great root of looking for historical sites.

Wayalife has to be mentioned. He is a jerk, but the videos used to be good and now he likes to slam everything around for effect when he is bolting stuff on. Day overlanding.

Dirt Everyday is fun stuff! Tons of money thrown at that production. Not much overlanding, pure jeeping.

Early Primal Outdoors with the truck was great.

Those are a few I can think of.
We must watch the exact same shows. This would have been my exact post. I do love the venture4wd channel though. I have to hand it to Chris. All the time to trek ahead and set up his video equipment then go back and rerun all the steps just for us to watch. Coyoteworks is my second favorite. Dirt every day with Fred is so much fun to watch. Those guys are crazy.

Hank

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
....I don't watch overlanding shows....
...I overland....

Reactions: riptideMBP

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
When you're stuck on the sofa like the OP, you do what you can. DAMHIK.

Mark
Been there too. Cancer in 2010 ---- watched cooking shows every day since I was too nauseous to actually eat. Motivated me to get better.

Reactions: ScaldedDog

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys. Seems like plenty of YouTube stuff. Any documentaries or pieces you’d find in Netflix or Amazon? Plenty of motorcycle/dirt bike stuff

·
Registered
287 Posts
MarknDoiron for no-drama pure overlanding, venture4wd for vanlifing in a jeep.

I like trailrecon, seems like a real down to earth guy along with folks around him. Good mix of overlanding and jeep 4wheeling.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts