Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Makes no sense. Italy has high overhead. Plus the cost to import to the US. I'll bet anyone my Jeep there's no way this is happening....at least not the Wrangler. Maybe some micro Jeep based on a european platform, but even the Fiat 500 isn't made in Italy (it's made in Mexico).

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
guys. it says mitt romney right in the article. not to mention it references the fake move to china. come on, read between the lines.

also this is way off topic.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
And to think I come here (in part) to escape all the campaign ads I am being deluged with here in Iowa...

·
Registered
232 Posts
What would that mean to the future of Jeep? This isn't campaign bullshit. The CEO of Fiat publicly announced this on the financial network(s).

Moving Jeep production to Italy is their idea of reducing costs. Cheaper labor, and materials in Italy may boost profits even with the additional price of exporting.

My real question is, does this devalue the brand? :(

P.s giving Chrysler to an Italian Company was retarded.

·
Registered
536 Posts
well, last i checked things in Europe tend to be more expensive than in north america, so I don't see what cost savings would come from building the jeeps in Italy for the US and Canadian markets... also, gotta remember that it also costs to ship the jeeps here... also, what happens to the plants here, they just break up perfectly good factories to sell them as scrap? that's not much of a smart economic option...

REALISTICALLY, Jeep totally should make cars outside of North America, for the foreign markets. I see nothing wrong with them trying to boost sales in Europe and Africa by making the Jeep in Italy. I also see nothing wrong with them building Jeeps in China for the Asian and Australian markets... But it just doesn't make economic sense to build on a different continent than where you sell the cars, so i see ZERO chance of ALL jeep production moving off the continent. Ultimately, isn't that why the asian and european manufacturers have plants in the US and Canada now??

·
Registered
232 Posts
well, last i checked things in Europe tend to be more expensive than in north america, so I don't see what cost savings would come from building the jeeps in Italy for the US and Canadian markets... also, gotta remember that it also costs to ship the jeeps here... also, what happens to the plants here, they just break up perfectly good factories to sell them as scrap? that's not much of a smart economic option...

REALISTICALLY, Jeep totally should make cars outside of North America, for the foreign markets. I see nothing wrong with them trying to boost sales in Europe and Africa by making the Jeep in Italy. I also see nothing wrong with them building Jeeps in China for the Asian and Australian markets... But it just doesn't make economic sense to build on a different continent than where you sell the cars, so i see ZERO chance of ALL jeep production moving off the continent. Ultimately, isn't that why the asian and european manufacturers have plants in the US and Canada now??
Factory in each country makes sense to me.

·
The Bad Guy
23,245 Posts
First of all production of Jeep in Italy does not equal production of Wrangler in Italy. It's a well know fact that they are planning on building a Fiat SUV for the European market with the Jeep nameplate. It's no big deal.

·
Registered
536 Posts
If my hemorrhoids didn't hurt so much I would make a joke about your forum name. That and Jeeps may be the only thing we have in common.:rolleyes:
all I know is that you're all out to lunch... it's a well known fact that Obama is a communist, and shipping from China would be expensive, so GUARANTEED that the production of ALL Chryslers is moving to CUBA! :popcorn:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
kramer2k said:
lol ^

It's not just you. There have been lots of these occurrences. A handful of the "Jeep is moving production to China" links, the Chinese Jeep picture that gets recycled every few months. But lately it has happened more than before.
Cheap desperate efforts by Romney supporters to trick people into a false sense of dispair. Really quite pathetic.

Read FACTS or please keep your mouth closed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts