Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to buy a jeep for some time. I live in nova scotia so pickings. Are fairly slim. For a complete peice of crap you can find a jeep for around 2500. Lets just say I was disheartened. I was talking to my boss and he has an 87 yj hell sell me for 1500! The jeeps has 2 soft tops a hard top a set of half doors and a set of full doors. The jeep has an inline 6 4.0l 5speed. Plugs and wires all recently done oil always changed undercoated. The back is pretty rust free and the front has some surface rust. Speakers, radio heat lights all that stuff works. Looks like it is lifted 3 inches. Front and rear drum brakes. And the suspension can move independantly per side for rock climbing which is what it was modded for. It has brand new Mickey thompson tires. On the drivers side right below the door it looks a bit rusty. Frame and body are solid as a rock though. Itsgot a winch and all that great gear for the woods. Its got 217thou km on it. Ill definitely have to put some paint on it.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how good of a deal do you think this is? I am pretty much 100% sure im gonna make the kill id like some advice though and this looks like a great forum for advice! This will be my first jeep! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have been looking to buy a jeep for some time. I live in nova scotia so pickings. Are fairly slim. For a complete peice of crap you can find a jeep for around 2500. Lets just say I was disheartened. I was talking to my boss and he has an 87 yj hell sell me for 1500! The jeeps has 2 soft tops a hard top a set of half doors and a set of full doors. The jeep has an inline 6 4.0l 5speed. Plugs and wires all recently done oil always changed undercoated. The back is pretty rust free and the front has some surface rust. Speakers, radio heat lights all that stuff works. Looks like it is lifted 3 inches. Front and rear drum brakes. And the suspension can move independantly per side for rock climbing which is what it was modded for. It has brand new Mickey thompson tires. On the drivers side right below the door it looks a bit rusty. Frame and body are solid as a rock though. Itsgot a winch and all that great gear for the woods. Its got 217thou km on it. Ill definitely have to put some paint on it.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how good of a deal do you think this is? I am pretty much 100% sure im gonna make the kill id like some advice though and this looks like a great forum for advice! This will be my first jeep! Thanks in advance.

WHY NOT you could part it out and make a healthy profit if it don't work out.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Price depends on where you live.

The Hard Top and Full Doors alone would run $1500 in my area.

It should have a 4.2 unless it's been transplanted with a 4.0. But still it's a great buy for my neck of the woods. A Good looking 87 with 4.2 and soft top just sold on craigslist for $4500 here.

I'd buy it myself...

·
Registered
957 Posts
Think you got your answer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts