Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I turn my jeep on there is sometimes (usually) this rattling sound and shaking. I have no idea what it is. When I come to a stop it will start again. Anyone have this? Sounds like its coming from the dash or past that. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine does the same, at low RPM. Give it a little gas RPM's go up, and it smooths right out no rattling?? 04 Unlimited 4.0 automatic.:include:

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Could be a heat shield around catalytic converter or muffler. I just read something trying to diagnose a rattle, that the the dip stick tube on an automatic transmission will rattle against something around it

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
LouieDelTorchio said:
So when I turn my jeep on there is sometimes (usually) this rattling sound and shaking. I have no idea what it is. When I come to a stop it will start again. Anyone have this? Sounds like its coming from the dash or past that. Any advice is appreciated.
My exhaust rattles against my oil skid at a stop...happy hunting.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Could be the transfer-case shift linkage. At idle, try pressing the 4WD lever down, very gently. If the noise goes away, that's the problem.

Check the forums for fixes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts