Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I finished up installing some lights for cooking or accessing the Jeep hatch at night. I picked up some yellow utility trailer indicator/turn lights. I wired them to a cigarette plug that I can plug in the back. The lights have a low/high wire. I just wired the high for now. I have some install clean-up tasks left but I like the amount of light I get.

https://amzn.to/34KwUv3

Attachments

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Bright idea.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
This past weekend I finished up installing some lights for cooking or accessing the Jeep hatch at night. I picked up some yellow utility trailer indicator/turn lights. I wired them to a cigarette plug that I can plug in the back. The lights have a low/high wire. I just wired the high for now. I have some install clean-up tasks left but I like the amount of light I get.

https://amzn.to/34KwUv3
Having a soft-top precludes me from doing this. Instead, I mounted two one-touch stick-on LED lights that each work on 3 AAA batteries. I like these as the light can be pointed where wanted. One is mounted to the back of the sound bar so I can see in the cargo area and the other is mounted inside the Tuffy cargo box to provide light there
It is nowhere as nice as what you have, but the soft-top limited what I could do. I’m still looking for a solution to light the area around the outside of the rear of the Jeep.
I am thinking that a 4-door JLU hardtop is somewhere about 5-7 years in my future and I’ll certainly keep your arrangement in mind so please update whether or not using yellow lighting helps with the bugs.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Great Idea. I believe RED is the best color to not attract bugs but yellow is a close second.
....depends on the bugs....

I like yellow because it has less perceived glare to people that are sensitive to glare. And I like red because it preserves your night vision. I use both in the galley of my teardrop. When we're just chilling by the fire I put on the red one so I can navigate to get a cold beer and not spoil the firelight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts