Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother is about to pull the trigger on a JKU Sahara and cannot build one online with a body color hardtop, not even a 2012. What is the price of the Body color hardtop option? hes not sure he wants the duel top group yet, but does anyone know the price of the Duel Top group with body color option?

TIA!

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the body color hard top goes with the Sahara. I don't think it's an option on the Sport (or Rubicon?). I believe that you can't get anything but a matching color hard top on the Sahara.

So it won't be in the option list. If you get a hard top Sahara you get a body color hard top. If you get anything else with the hard top it comes in black.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My brother is about to pull the trigger on a JKU Sahara and cannot build one online with a body color hardtop, not even a 2012. What is the price of the Body color hardtop option? hes not sure he wants the duel top group yet, but does anyone know the price of the Duel Top group with body color option?

TIA!
I just ordered one myself. The cost of the Body Color 3-Piece Hard Top is an additional $1000 (MSRP) after the dual top group is selected.

Dual top group is $2,085 (MSRP).

Good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the body color hard top goes with the Sahara. I don't think it's an option on the Sport (or Rubicon?). I believe that you can't get anything but a matching color hard top on the Sahara.

So it won't be in the option list. If you get a hard top Sahara you get a body color hard top. If you get anything else with the hard top it comes in black.
The plain black hard top is the standard hard top. The Body Color hard top is a $1000 option with the dual top group.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Poking around the Jeep website on the "build your own" page it appears that there is no option for the body color top. I would talk to a dealer about that to confirm.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You Guys rock, thank you very much! now if i could just get him to stop being so lazy and join so he quits asking me to do all his forum work :whistling:

Thanks Again! :thumb:

·
Registered
873 Posts

Body colored HT & fenders is an option on Rubi's on '12-**.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I know you didn't ask this... but tell him to get the black one and save some money.
Or maybe the OP's brother actually wants the painted one..... :whistling:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, it is. Tom is correct. Body color hard top is standard on Sahara, optional on Rubicon, not available on Sport/Sport S.

Unless there has been a BIG change very recently......
No. Absolutely incorrect. Body-colored fenders are standard on the Sahara. For the body-colored hardtop, there is a $1000 upcharge (beyond the $895 or whatever the current black hardtop price is). This is not new, though the upcharge was $980 in 2012.

On the Rubicon, the body-colored fenders are $200.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just bought mine on saturday. Its a $1,795.00 option.

Body-color 3-piece hard top
delete sunrider soft top
freedom panel storage bag
rear window defroster
rear window wiper/washer

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No. Absolutely incorrect. Body-colored fenders are standard on the Sahara. For the body-colored hardtop, there is a $1000 upcharge (beyond the $895 or whatever the current black hardtop price is). This is not new, though the upcharge was $980 in 2012.

My brother just got off the phone with a dealer, said it is not standard but also said it cannot be ordered until January (he wants to build up a Yeti Jeep) Pat can you confirm/deny this?

He's already searching craigslist/forums for a bodycolor hardtop incase he cant order it and isnt having any luck.

·
Registered
191 Posts
tvrbob said:

Can you get a hardtop aftermarket that cheap?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

^^ This is correct. I purchased a Sahara with dual top group and non-body colored hard top.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts