Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Jeepers: I hope someone recognizes this problem because it has me baffled. I recently purchased an 08 JK Sahara. I downloaded the build sheet from Mopar and it lists Sirius Satellite Radio as standard equipment, however the options package says it has a Radio 230 (without Uconnect or Voice Command). Today I tried to activate a Sirius subscription and they were not able to send the activation signal to the radio. When I select SAT on the radio the display says Updating Channels and nothing happens. After about 20 seconds the radio automatically switches back to AM/FM mode. The radio is the REQ model radio. Does anyone know if this radio was made without Sirius? If so there is nothing in the User Manual that says Sirius is an option. Or is there something in the radio that is just not working right? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
13,574 Posts
Very easy to tell
First best way get screen to display Sirius ID will only do this if has the Sirius module

Next best remove radio verify both a yellow fakra and a white fakra connector on back
White is for am fm antenna
Yellow(mustard color) is for Sirius and only there if has Sirius module

Last look at window in front of the REQ
All the ones with Sirius have paint that says DVD left bottom corner Sirius with a little dog at center bottom and compact disc digital audio on bottom right corner
REQ without Sirius module say nothing in paint bottom center of window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Image of Sirius module removed from REQ radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank You, thank you. Your reply has been very helpful. I did manage do get the radio to display the ESN number and Sirius had it in their database as a 2008 JK. The faceplate of the radio does show the Sirius Logo and the dog so that solves that. Now I just have to figure out why it’s not working and why it won’t stay in Satellite mode. Thanks again for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts