Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting an idea off the ground. Feel free to join the group or refer people you may know.

Description:

Are you stranded in severe weather conditions? Are you an essential caregiver that is unable to make it work due to the impassable road conditions? You need the help of a severe conditions vehicle which is capable of making it to you and getting you on your way.

We are a group of friendly "Jeepers" that are here to lend our time and vehicles to help you out.

If you need assistance post your location and the details of your situation and any nearby Jeepers that are free can respond.

Join the group if you need assistance or want to help out!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/436781356480363/

·
Registered
323 Posts
Cool idea, id help out but i dont do the facebook thing (i dont get social media)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Same here...good idea but I don't do Facebook...if I didn't like you in high school I'll bet I still wouldn't...is that mean?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm actually not a fan of Facebook either but it is free and a lot of people do use it...

·
Registered
11 Posts
We wanted to try to do something similar here in Allentown, PA did you guys ever do anything with this? I requested to join the FB page. We kind of looked into it in our area and there are a lot of legalities to deal with...

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We wanted to try to do something similar here in Allentown, PA did you guys ever do anything with this? I requested to join the FB page. We kind of looked into it in our area and there are a lot of legalities to deal with...
The Facebook page is still going. It's a really informal kind of thing. If someone needs assistance they can post to the group and then someone in the area can respond.

In other cases it may just be helping by answering a question about how to do or check something.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gotcha! My husband and his friend wanted to do snow rescues. Like people going down embankments and what not. But we live about 5 minutes from dorney park and are very close to a few major highways so if anyone breaks down in my area I am sure we can help. I will tell them about the facebook page as well!

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Gotcha! My husband and his friend wanted to do snow rescues. Like people going down embankments and what not. But we live about 5 minutes from dorney park and are very close to a few major highways so if anyone breaks down in my area I am sure we can help. I will tell them about the facebook page as well!
I know you are trying to be helpful and a good neighbor, but leave the snow rescues to the pros who have the insurance. You try dragging a strangers car around and you break something, it will cost you big time. I doubt your insurance would back you.

Please be careful. Offer them a warm place to sit, use of a cell phone, a cup of coffee, even a short ride, but don't touch the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know you are trying to be helpful and a good neighbor, but leave the snow rescues to the pros who have the insurance. You try dragging a strangers car around and you break something, it will cost you big time. I doubt your insurance would back you. Please be careful. Offer them a warm place to sit, use of a cell phone, a cup of coffee, even a short ride, but don't touch the vehicle.
The page clearly states everything is "at your own risk" and to make it clear to anyone you help that you're not responsible for anything (personally, I'd get it writing before helping them pull a car back on the road).

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
OK (can't read the page, don't do FB)

I'd rather be over cautious in this sue-happy society today.

Waiver is good.

Quoting Phil Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there.

·
Registered
541 Posts
OK (can't read the page, don't do FB)

I'd rather be over cautious in this sue-happy society today.

Waiver is good.

Quoting Phil Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there.
X2. Was thinking the same thing. I'm all about doing a good deed, but it doesn't matter what some website says. If a guy can win a lawsuit about putting his motorhome in cruise control and the leaving the seat to make a sandwich, you will be paying for someones bumper cover when it gets ripped off pulling them out of the snow. Unfortunate in today's world that "no good deed goes unpunished". Sorry to be "Debbie the Downer", but I have seen it. Rather see you spend your $$ on cool mods rather than give it to a lawyer. Deliver meal-on-wheel in a Blizzard. There you go.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Just to add, because its somewhat related, that I have heard on the radio a few times over the years, that places like the Lehigh Valley Hospital are asking for such assistance to help bring in critical needed professionals (like ER doctors) during major and prolonged snow emergencies.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Greenmachine: Great and noble idea. I joined your facebook page , but noticed that the page was overrun with people who didn't understand the concept. People were chiming in with problems with their jeeps. Created lots of clutter.

WaltA: I was thinking the same thing; local hospitals ask for volunteer 4x4 drivers to transport critical care people....(doctors/nurses to hospitals) as well as patients (i.e. dialysis).

There are a lot of "good people" who drive jeeps....just need to mobilize them in a way that is efficient.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Greenmachine: Great and noble idea. I joined your facebook page , but noticed that the page was overrun with people who didn't understand the concept. People were chiming in with problems with their jeeps. Created lots of clutter. WaltA: I was thinking the same thing; local hospitals ask for volunteer 4x4 drivers to transport critical care people....(doctors/nurses to hospitals) as well as patients (i.e. dialysis). There are a lot of "good people" who drive jeeps....just need to mobilize them in a way that is efficient.
The original intent was to help anyone that needed assistance during inclement weather but it has evolved into helping fellow jeepers that have broken down, etc.

I would love to somehow become affiliated, maybe not officially but in some capacity, with hospitals, and the like, so that our members would be on call to help urgent care workers get to where they needed to be of they're snowed in, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts