Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! I'm going on a trip to the mountains with my family and there jeeps. Mine has only been on the road a couple months and has been running OK. It was sitting for about 6 years, but I have replaced everything that could break or not make it run right. This is the first time I will be taking it on a long trip. Is there anything I should watch out for? I was thinking about buying a small fire extinguisher. '87 4.2 auto carter, 6 inch lift 33's

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
That's a great idea. If you are going wheeling get some recovery gear at least a tow strap and shovel.

Pack some tools, water, oil, gear oil, ATF and if you take it easy shouldn't need all that stuff.

I carry way to much and haven't needed it yet but when you are out in the middle of nowhere its great to be prepared

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay and yes! that happens to me all the time, but it's good to be prepared. we are doing this trip door less and topless. if it rains will anything in the cab get ruined?

·
Registered
742 Posts
we are doing this trip door less and topless. if it rains will anything in the cab get ruined?
Not to worry. I run mine topless and doorless all year round in Florida and during the 'rainy' season we can get some insane downpours in a New York heartbeat. I always carry my soft top with me but I have gotten drowned on occasion when it poured and I was not with the old girl. Just dump the front mats, wipe off the seats and you are rockin' and rollin' again. Amazing how immune to weather these older jeeps really are.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It never fails that when we get caught in the rain and stop to put the top on it stops raining within 5 minutes.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea happens to me all the time. but this trip im taking the top completely off. I should of ordered a bikini top or a web shade

1 - 6 of 6 Posts