Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 X that has a set of Rubicon rims on it. One of the rims has some damage on it. Since I don't really know what year Rubicon my rims came off of, are the rims on all the TJ Rubicons (2003-2006) the same? I'm going to try to lay hands on a single replacement and what to be sure I don't end up with a rim that doesn't match my others.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
They are not the same. There are two to three versions. The differences are subtle. I know there are threads. Search on rubicon wheels/rims. There was one not too long ago because he relized his spare was different and was up in arms that his other 4 were not from the "proper year"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That post is exactly what I needed. Mine are the non-stepped variety, which sounds like the more common. I guess I should just be happy that all 5 of mine match.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
451 Posts
The other difference is that model year 2003 Moab wheels have a machined and clearcoated face. 2004+ Moab wheels have silver paint and clearcoat on the face.

2007+ Moab wheels are for JK's, they have 5x5 bolt pattern and are 17" in diameter, with a different backspacing.

Quadratec has reproduced the Moab rims and is offering even more variations, including machined, painted silver, and painted Black. The original MOPAR supplier of these Moab rims was Mamba Wheels.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Funny story. Back when I owned my TJ I bought a set of RUBI wheels/tires The seller had a 05 and 06
(One was wife's and the other his) I forget the why, but he sold me the 4 off his 05 and the spare off the 06.
As seen in this pic :eek:

Took me a week to notice the spare did not match. What was even stranger is he honestly had no idea the wheels on the 06 were different.

Drove back down and made the switch.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts