Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best way to get a bit of rumble out of a 13 wrangler? Now I know its computer controlled an all the blah bag about nothing really giving any sort of performance boost. But which would work best? Cold air intake, exhaust, headers, or any other method I'm leaving out? I'm just curious about this, it does not mean I will put my money towards any of these especially since I have a lot of other priorities I want before I consider this as an option.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea have 3.21's in it, not really gonna need a regear for the mods I have planned atleast I don't see it, but I will keep it in mind for sure

·
Registered
861 Posts
cant do headers on the pentastar as the manifold is cast into the head.
go with a dynomax exhaust. they have a nice sounding "no drone" muffler or kit. i think it might be the VT muffler. if u don't want the whole cat back system just buy the muffler and have it welded in place of the stocker. it will give u some rumble at a low cost without compromising anything else. they dont have a power programmer for 'em yet either.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rtguy said:
cant do headers on the pentastar as the manifold is cast into the head.
go with a dynomax exhaust. they have a nice sounding "no drone" muffler or kit. i think it might be the VT muffler. if u don't want the whole cat back system just buy the muffler and have it welded in place of the stocker. it will give u some rumble at a low cost without compromising anything else. they dont have a power programmer for 'em yet either.
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
861 Posts
yep.. i just checked their site too and its a VT muffler. FYI the rep on here has mentioned that if you do just buy the muffler you need to get the "over 4.0L" verison for use with pentastar. I'm sure they can give you the proper info before purchase. this is what i'm gonna do eventually.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just go to a muffler shop and have them put a flowmaster or whatever your choice on. It sounds great and you can relocate it while your at it at about half the cost of all these kits.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Just go to a muffler shop and have them put a flowmaster or whatever your choice on. It sounds great and you can relocate it while your at it at about half the cost of all these kits.
I had them install a Flowmaster 40 Series, in the stock location, then removed the resonator. I really like the way it sounds. Not too loud or raspy, has a nice deep tone and no drone at highway speeds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts