Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend my wife and I had a cabin booked for our 5th anniversary. We'll about 1 hr into our 3+ hour drive it started snowing. Not too much but more than enough to make the highways crappy. We get to the turn off to the cabin with very little trouble. We just had to take it slow do to snow. Once we turned off the road I switched to 4h. My wife made some silly comment thinking it was not needed. We continue on and come to the last 14-1/2 mile. At that point there was a nice steep hill that we had to go up and down the other side. We mad it to the top and back down with no issues. I am almost positive I could have made it in 2wd. 4wd just made it easier. I am not too sure we would have made it in my wife's Kia Soul or my Honda Civic I just traded in on my Willy's two weeks ago.

·
Registered
433 Posts
This weekend my wife and I had a cabin booked for our 5th anniversary. We'll about 1 hr into our 3+ hour drive it started snowing. Not too much but more than enough to make the highways crappy. We get to the turn off to the cabin with very little trouble. We just had to take it slow do to snow. Once we turned off the road I switched to 4h. My wife made some silly comment thinking it was not needed. We continue on and come to the last 14-1/2 mile. At that point there was a nice steep hill that we had to go up and down the other side. We mad it to the top and back down with no issues. I am almost positive I could have made it in 2wd. 4wd just made it easier. I am not too sure we would have made it in my wife's Kia Soul or my Honda Civic I just traded in on my Willy's two weeks ago.
Awesome! Yeah, with this snow I am so glad I traded in my little corolla for my JKUR! Hope you all had a great anniversary!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts