Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Chrysler ever build a YJ with low doors, a hardtop and soft door tops? I Have one, and the doors don't fit correctly. I've a seen yj's with high doors and hardtops, and yj's with low doors and soft tops, but never one like mine.
I think,,,, it was originally a softtop and someone replaced the soft top with a hardtop, but kept the low doors and soft top windows. The top has rounded top channels for the doors to fit into, and the squared topped doors don't fit into them. It makes for a lot of wind and water leaks.
I'm thinking (if I'm correct about the hard top soft door thing) , the only way to fix it might be to buy a set of full hard doors). I don't care for that solution. Does anyone modify window frames and re-skin them? I like my low doors and lift off soft windows, I just want them to fit.

confusing eh?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Swap your uppers for rounded ones. Try best top.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
long drive

Swap your uppers for rounded ones. Try best top.
I'm driving the 100 miles tomarrow to look at a nice set of TJ soft door tops. They have the rounded edges, but I'm not sure how close the curve is. If they're close enough I can modify them to fit. The current ones I have would be a major rebuild to even get them close to fitting.
I've been told that the Best Top doors need modifications too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts