Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does the jeep sit lower in the rear end? What can be done for it? Have a 95 wrangler with a 2.5 inch spring lift.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at the shackles online...some say they lift the vehicle anywhere from a 1/2" to 2 1/2" depending on the application. So how do i know how much they will give me?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
For every inch longer they are gives you 1/2 inch of lift you need to measure from the center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole. Stock shackles I think are four inches. You can't have shackles that are too long cause they can b hazardous.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
your stock shackles measure 4 inch center to center on the bolt holes...the shackles that you put on will raise your jeep half as much as the extra length..example: if you put 5 inch shackles it will raise your jeep 1/2 inch taller than it is now..I wouldn't raise it more than 1 1/2 inches at the very most with longer shackles..the least you can get by with the better and the better it will look in my opinion...long shackles are ugly to me

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure how much more the rear is lower than the front. I just want it leveled out so it looks better. I dont see any measurements on these shackles on line. So idk if they are even longer than the ones i have. I will measure them tomorrow.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I think they look good with the rear just a little lower....just MHO....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts