Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently in Japan and ran into this "Jeep" snow plow up in the Nikko mountains. I am not sure how old it is but it's in great shape. I say "Jeep" only because it says it on the sides but I have no idea what it really is. Turbo Intercooler....Hmm it could be a Yugo in disguise LOL!

While everyone else was taking pics of the mountains, wildlife, and waterfalls, I was the only one taking pics of this rig. :D

Seeing this makes me want to drive my JK instead of the tiny eco rental car we have!

Thought it was cool and wanted to share.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Mahindra Jeep CJ 340

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
i think that's a mahindra.
I think its a Mitsubishi built Jeep... They built them there post war and Mitsu did the kicked down front fenders. Its right hand drive too, the first ones were left even though they drive in opposite lanes there.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Here is another pic of the Mitsubishi produced Jeep. Its an actual Jeep, you can see the logo stamped into the hood. Its in the OP's pic too, but its harder to see.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is another pic of the Mitsubishi produced Jeep. Its an actual Jeep, you can see the logo stamped into the hood. Its in the OP's pic too, but its harder to see.

I wonder when they put in the turbo? The one I saw had Turbo Intercooler on it.

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are a few more pics of that 'Jeep' from a different angle. I didn't notice the Mitsubishi symbol while taking pics. But after you guys were talking about it on this thread I did notice the emblems on my other pics.

Clearly states 'Jeep' and Mitsubishi (Logo).'

·
Registered
654 Posts
I want to be in Japan.

Reactions: USStrongman

·
Retired Moderator
100,754 Posts
Nope, It is a Mitsubishi jeep, Mitsubishi used to have the licenses to build Official Jeeps back when Willis was around.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That would be the first convertible (soft top) snow plow I've ever seen.
Clearly, you have never lived in Wisconsin. :cool:

I lived there in the '70s and almost no one had a hard top on their Jeep. I used to get frost on the inside of the fabric roof. Hard tops didn't become popular until the CJ-7 in the late '70s.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts