Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short.....away from home for the weekend. Family member ( would never throw my bride under the bus ) took the jeep ( no top, no doors ) out of the garage as she needed some space, and left her. Looks like we got about four inches of rain on Saturday and Sunday. When I got home last night, I dried her off the best I could. I'm gonna let her sit in the sun today.
Anything special I need to do before I try to crank her, later today?

She's been wet many times, but nothing to this extent. Appreciate any input.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey neighbor. You should be good once she's thoroughly dried out.
I hope you are right. If you live in Saint Augustine, you know how much rain we got this weekend. She was outside from Saturday morning until yesterday afternoon. The cupholder was completely full of water. Fortunately, I pulled the carpet and plugs years ago, as she is a jeep vehicle only.

What concerned me was, I was told that Judy's horn started blowing yesterday afternoon and had to be disconnected, so I figured I would have some electrical issues. Got my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep. That's the very reason I pulled my carpet out, along with a couple plugs. Since I keep the top and doors off, and live in Florida, it's always a matter of time until I get rained on. This was just much more extreme. It's about 90 degrees out, so I'm going to wait a couple more hours, then go reconnect the horn and crank her. Cross your fingers for me.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Which future in-laws was it????

Should be fine once completely dry but that may take awhile....good luck and don't leave keys behind next time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
Turn off the radio, that may take a couple of days to dry out. I cooked my OEM radio after a couple of bad rain soakings by leaving it on. Ironically, my clock spring has survived, even if things were a little wonky for a day or two after the deluges. YMMV, and invariably will...

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Just recently got mine soaked without any issues......except the smell of wet carpet.
This, and a wet ass.

Mine's been in multiple down pours with no top and no doors (not intentionally), and I've never had an issue apart from my ass and back getting wet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Rain water is essentially same as distilled water. Once it evaporates, there will be no electrical shorts.

Reactions: J33P

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick update.....Followed everyone's instructions. I waited until late afternoon yesterday, plugged the horn back in, turned the radio off, and cranked her right up. No issues whatsoever. I took her for a quick spin, and a longer one this a.m. Other than all the sand being washed out of the floorboards, she seems to be in fine condition.

In the future, I believe I will take the advice of jeepjk1968 and keep the keys with me, or else, lock them in the gun safe for safe keeping.

Thanks to all for your advice and support. The Wrangler Forum is great.
Life is better in a jeep.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts