Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a jeep sport, 2010 and was wondering if a 2" lift would be tolerable for the drive train, suspension ect. Also, would 31" tires be ok for the stock lift??

·
Registered
873 Posts
Depending on the wheels and tires on your Jeep you might actually be going smaller with 31s.

Also, don't feel too badly, but WesterM3 beat you to "Hulk" themed Jeepiness...and you'll need to go 6 inches and 40s to match him =).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Is it me or does anyone else remember the late 90's when 31" tires were decent, 33" tires were big, and 35" tires seemed like monster truck tires?

·
Registered
59 Posts
yea when i took off the 235-75-15's and put on 34's with a 4" lift on my 85 chevy short wide I felt like i was in BIG FOOT!!!
Well a better chevy version of bigfoot.
lol

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Nanook said:
Is it me or does anyone else remember the late 90's when 31" tires were decent, 33" tires were big, and 35" tires seemed like monster truck tires?
Now trucks like the raptor are coming with 35's completely stock

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
The next generation wrangler most likely will too.
I'd absolutely love that. I'm not complaining at all about the bigger tires. It'd even save me some trouble

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
I'm not 100% certain, but all things are pointing to the next generation not needing any modifications for 35s and a little birdie told me 35s from the factory might happen.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm not 100% certain, but all things are pointing to the next generation not needing any modifications for 35s and a little birdie told me 35s from the factory might happen.
Wow! Think that might mean the gearing needed to adequately handle 35s might be an option? Hmmm, makes me wonder about beefier axles also.

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
kjeeper10 said:
I woke up to this ^^ damn

It would have to be an option right?

And what would we do.. 40's :p
Don't know yet... I'm pretty sure it will be an option. I'm thinking 35s will be the new 33s and most will be talking about 37s!
Either way, a slight redesign that allows for 35s with no modifications will be pretty cool. I'm hoping diesel option by then. Would love a 6.4. I know the 2014 Ram heavy duty trucks 2500s and up will have the 6.4 as an option. By then maybe we will see the 4.8 pentastar. Lighter than the 5.7 with more HP and torque.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Hate to think of the price tag on one of those bad boys if the current standard Rubicon is already $36,000. Maybe if they stretch out the payments to like a 15 yr home loan, they may sell a fair amount.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts