Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Been lurking for awhile, already gotten a lot of help from this forum after recently purchasing a 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, MT. Seems like one thing keeps popping up after another...

Currently if its been running recently it will start seemingly just fine and die almost immediately, it has been doing this once or twice and then it will start up and run fine until the next time I shut it off. Once it stays on, no problems.

I've done some googling and searching around but couldn't find anything that seemed like the same situation, it seems very specific, just not sure where to check first.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the inputs.

No dash lights, SKIM or CEL. I couldn't get it to show any codes from the key.

This morning when I want out it cranked awhile before starting, but then seemed to run fine. So now I am suspecting the fuel pump. Just can't seem to catch a break with this jeep, maybe this fix will keep me going for awhile.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I had a 2001 TJ that would crank a while or start and die a couple times until it would run finally.

It was a dead battery for me. Replaced and ran much better and started right up.

Idk if that helps, but it’s something to maybe check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts