Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Jeep Wrangler with a 8" marine bazooka sub. It sounds good, for a TJ Jeep Wrangler, but curious what if I added another. How much difference would it be? I have a amp that that pushes 400 watts 2 channel. And the 1 8" Bazooka Sub handles 150. Would it sound a lot better with 2 (facing each other behind back seat or facing away from each other), sound a little better, or be the same but sound will travel farther with 2 subs pushing?

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Logic would dictate that twice the surface area and twice the power would produce twice the bass...

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have a question on this topic. A few months ago I saw a sub that was for sale and it didn't require a amp or anything and you could take it and put it back in with just plugging it in. I was looking for something like this for when I have my backseat out and want to put it back in. I believe it was kicker but haven't had luck finding anything. Update: This is the closest that I could find, anyone try this one before? https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20611HS8/Kicker-11HS8.html

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
A larger sub equals more bass. 8" subs have a limited range. I put two rear facing 10" subs behind the rear seat with a 1200w amp. LOUD.:) I had two 12" subs in my XJ. Too much bass for my rock music.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I have a question on this topic. A few months ago I saw a sub that was for sale and it didn't require a amp or anything and you could take it and put it back in with just plugging it in. I was looking for something like this for when I have my backseat out and want to put it back in. I believe it was kicker but haven't had luck finding anything. Update: This is the closest that I could find, anyone try this one before? https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20611HS8/Kicker-11HS8.html
Google powered subwoofer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts