Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Wrangler Community!

I don't know about most of you from other regions, but I know for those within New England, we definitely are approaching the good weather! With nice weather, for me anyways, it's prime time to get some painting done to the Jeep and other upgrades in early May in order to have her compeltely ready for the beaches and whatever else is through at her this summer!

So I decided to make this thread. Where you guys can share your expereinces come summer, upgrades, modifications, simple changes, and, well, pretty much anything that hs to do with summer!

Share away guys!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
A bikini top is a must have for me to keep the sun glare out of my eyes but some people like it so thats personal preference.

·
Registered
395 Posts
No doors, bikini top or better yet a safari top for further coverage of behind your neck. Carpet for sure to keep the trans heat away. Cover anything metal when you park it such as shift knob. Definitely keep your cooling system working properly, breaking down in the summer sucks. Store an extra bottle of water in your glove box. I'd get breathable seat covers to keep the air flow on your back, you'll arrive at your destination with a soaked shirt if you don't.

The best tip of them all, keep that Jeep moving. AC kicks on at 15mph so maybe don't take the street with the lights. Know your route or you'll burn in the sun.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I did all my mods in one summer. I switched to electric ignition system (makes more power and better gas mileage), a carb spacer, and new 2 barrel carb, rebuilt the engine, 2in lift, 35 in tires, new shocks and finally front and back bumpers and flat fenders. Pics from when I got her to after the upgrades. And yes I brought her with the paint job

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
This year is overall maintenance as I learn what I want to do. Having just bought mine last Fall, I’m wanting to enjoy it for a bit. I am putting in a Posi cable for the 4x4 actuator, painting some rouged areas, and just finished POR’ing the floor pans. New exhaust, including a Cat is next and then just fix whatever is wrong. Probably a bikini top as well.

Once I know for sure what I want to do, then I’ll sink money into it. For now, let’s have fun!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
Installed a Christmas gift RAM mount for my phone (semi permanently) and painted my wiper arms black yesterday.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts

Beautiful jeep. I wish I would've done mine in white.
She’s a 10 footer for sure. The cowl and front fenders are rustoleum. The body is solid and a prime candidate for a full restoration in the future. For now, I drive it and enjoy it. Thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have ordered a HEI dizzy, High pressure PS line, and the High Rock tire carrier.

Need to do shocks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did all my mods in one summer. I switched to electric ignition system (makes more power and better gas mileage), a carb spacer, and new 2 barrel carb, rebuilt the engine, 2in lift, 35 in tires, new shocks and finally front and back bumpers and flat fenders. Pics from when I got her to after the upgrades. And yes I brought her with the paint job

The work you put in definitely paid off! That jeep looks bada***!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A bikini top is a must have for me to keep the sun glare out of my eyes but some people like it so thats personal preference.
I rock the bikini top too, I got a terrible sunburn the one day I didn't use it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im jealous of those that live in area where their jeep is always in "summer mode". I just put my soft top on, but I'm installing some DIY cargo netting, the GPCA Cargo cover, need some rear tube doors (for the kiddos). Also, making sure to give the undercarriage a good spray down again and the jeep a waxing. Winter salting sucks. We just had some good snow like two weeks ago, which called for more salting, of course. (just realized I was in Yj section but still, its relevant)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im jealous of those that live in area where their jeep is always in "summer mode". I just put my soft top on, but I'm installing some DIY cargo netting, the GPCA Cargo cover, need some rear tube doors (for the kiddos). Also, making sure to give the undercarriage a good spray down again and the jeep a waxing. Winter salting sucks. We just had some good snow like two weeks ago, which called for more salting, of course.
I'm in Buffalo NY, I have to travel or else my Jeep's always in "winter mode"!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in Buffalo NY, I have to travel or else my Jeep's always in "winter mode"!

I live in Massahcusetts, rate on the line of Rhode Island, so we atleast get 3 months of top off weather. Buffalo is relentless! I feel bad for you man!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts