Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else planning on attending Jeep the Mac? A local group near Mackinaw City are putting on an event.

Event Details:
What:
Time to show your Jeep pride! Help beat the number of Mini-Coopers, ATVs, and farm tractors that have crossed the Mighty Mackinac Bridge as a group. There will be a welcome party, trail to ride, lunch on Drummond Island, prizes and MORE!

Note: Registration Fees includes your Ferry fees!

When:
4/22/16-4/23/16

Where:
Starts at the Mackinac Bridge with events on the St. Ignace side, along with an organized ride to Drummond.

Info:
Contact Information - St. Ignace Events Committee
800-338-6660
6 Spring St. Suite 100
St. Ignace, MI 49781

Visitors Bureau Event Page:
Jeep™ The Mac :: St. Ignace Visitors Bureau

Jeep Only Event
Must be licensed and street legal.
Tire Size cannot exceed 40"

Tentative Schedule:
Friday 4/22
12-2pm Staging in Mackinaw City
2:30pm Blesing of the Jeeps/Drivers meeting
3pm Mackinac Bridge crossing
4-6pm Meet-n-greet with Beer/wine tasting event

Saturday 4/23
8am Ride Begins (Drummon Island)
5 to 7pm Return to Little Bear East for Happy Hour
7pm Awards Ceremony

$35 entry fee per person

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Small Update:
I just found out that kids 10 and Under will be $10 each.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just reminding everyone of this event. It's starting to shape up to be a fantastic event with Poker Runs, Beer events, contests, prizes/awards, etc.

:winner:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will be there! First time going to this... should be interesting, since the weather in the UP has been SNOW and COLD as of late. Last I checked, it was 15 degrees on the island. :censored:

Then, we'll be back in Mesick the following weekend for The Blessing of the Jeeps. Will you be there too? Both my brothers will be there with their jeeps also. Nothing more fun than 1,000+ Jeep people in one location! :bop:

Next year, we're planning on going to Jeep Beach in Daytona, then be back in MI for the Blessing the week after... Lifted Jeep + lots of highway miles = worried Driver.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll call the chamber tomorrow, I'm wondering if I can do the Saturday stuff without the crossing. I stay an hour from the bridge and won't be off work until 4 PM on Friday.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll call the chamber tomorrow, I'm wondering if I can do the Saturday stuff without the crossing. I stay an hour from the bridge and won't be off work until 4 PM on Friday.
I read that you can still do a lot of the activities, but you wouldn't get a "goodie" bag unless you were registered. You would just have to pay the ferry fare, etc.

It might be worth it to register to get the goody bag (they are handing them out later that night as well). There are activities happening after the crossing on Friday night that would make it worth it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be there! First time going to this... should be interesting, since the weather in the UP has been SNOW and COLD as of late. Last I checked, it was 15 degrees on the island. :censored:

Then, we'll be back in Mesick the following weekend for The Blessing of the Jeeps. Will you be there too? Both my brothers will be there with their jeeps also. Nothing more fun than 1,000+ Jeep people in one location! :bop:

Next year, we're planning on going to Jeep Beach in Daytona, then be back in MI for the Blessing the week after... Lifted Jeep + lots of highway miles = worried Driver.
Sounds like the weather is actually starting to shape up to be pretty nice for this time of the year. It's 75 in Indy right now, so driving North to colder weather doesn't sound the smartest, but this will be worth it.

I won't be back up next weekend. It's a 6 hour drive for us to get there. My brother and his family are taking their Jeep, we have another family going that he is friends with, and my family. We're all caravan'ing up there together.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got my tickets at 4:57 and I am order number 1015 which included 2 tickets. Looks like a lot of people got in in front of me. I'll be picking up the tickets at a hotel in St. Ignace since I'm not getting there until after they cross. It could be a long line at the ferry.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got my tickets at 4:57 and I am order number 1015 which included 2 tickets. Looks like a lot of people got in in front of me. I'll be picking up the tickets at a hotel in St. Ignace since I'm not getting there until after they cross. It could be a long line at the ferry.
I haven't gotten anything. I think they are handing out the packets when everybody gets there. Did you just get your packet early?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I haven't gotten anything. I think they are handing out the packets when everybody gets there. Did you just get your packet early?
Sorry, I got my PayPal confirmation number. I won't be joining the group until later in St. Ignace as I work until 4PM and have an hour drive to there.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Looks like its going to be quite the turn out! I wont be making it but the island is in nice shape. Went down last sunday with some friends, snow in the real shady spots and near the water but was an awesome time. Water and mud wasnt anywhere near what it was last year but always a good time there

from our ride on Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs-ZQVv5Fv4

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like its going to be quite the turn out! I wont be making it but the island is in nice shape. Went down last sunday with some friends, snow in the real shady spots and near the water but was an awesome time. Water and mud wasnt anywhere near what it was last year but always a good time there

from our ride on Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs-ZQVv5Fv4
Good Stuff. We took the Purple to Orange trail leading out to the Shelf, but we didn't have the goods to get the rock shelf done. We got up the mini one of course, and then just watched others doing the bigger one. Either way, it was a good time. I know my Jeep needs a bath, but it's loving it's new paint for now.

It was definitely a good time, and we want to go back soon.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From what I know, there were over 500 Jeeps that crossed the Mackinaw Bridge. It was quite impressive the number of Jeeps that were there. Pretty much any year of Wrangler, Several Comanches, some liberties, cherokees, grand cherokees, patriots and renegades. It was a fun time.

The trails were a blast too. We didn't know what to expect on the trails, but they turned out to be better than we thought. We wished we were there for a couple more days to enjoy them some more, but that's what will bring us back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts