Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have been having a hassle trying to get my jeep titled because of the safety inspection. The two problems I have..

1) The rear tail lights were blacked out by previous owner.
(Easy fix)

2) There is no third light. What I mean is the light connected to the spare rack that sticks above the spare.

So my question is that has anybody done any mods to there TJ that changed the location of the third light? Also I was wondering if I did just put a spare on the back and bought the whole bracket, would my tire cover the light?

Ratings, reviews and specifications for Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires

Thats the wheel I'm running. I need some help!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm sure this is covered here somewhere already, you need to get ahold of a stock mount and extend it so it sits above the tire.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bought it here. It is cheap too.

LED Lights of all types manufactured by Command Electronics

I hard wired it to the two pin connectors that run the stock 3rd brake light. That way you could still open and close the tail gate without wires all over the place. I think I may add another one to my new jeep.
I'm guessing that you got the Hot-Line LED Tail Light, right? Also did that come with all the neccasary supplies like wires? Thanks! You've been a great help! :)

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
I'm guessing that you got the Hot-Line LED Tail Light, right? Also did that come with all the neccasary supplies like wires? Thanks! You've been a great help! :)

That is the correct light. But they have a few different color options. Clear, amber, and red. So make sure you read the descriptions correctly. It is a sealed up housing with wires exiting out of it so it is easy to wire. I drilled a small hole, installed a rubber grommet, and ran the wires over to the plugs. Pretty slick little install and fairly unique. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts