Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!!! I'm a jeep owner's from Venice, Italy..
i've got a tj sport, 99, manual transmission modified.
35" tire, 4" lift pro comp (hate it)
super d35 etc etc
i'm going to sell it and buy a tj rubicon but this time with the automatic transmission.
my project is to run also to this jeep 35" tire..
but the dilemma is the lift.. this time i'd like to do something good..
here in italy i can purchase the 4" lift short arm Currie, and about at the same price the 4" lift long arm Rough Country.
i know the two brand are the oppositive, one is the best, the other is the cheapest one.
my jeep is my DD, and i'm weekend offroad warrior.
not rock crawling, mud and some little crawl in the woods.
i want the jeep ride soft..
i was considering too to take the 8 control arm currie and lift about 3'cause i read the control arms with the SA in the 4" lift are too angled.
Hope someone can help me,
and sorry for my bad english.. hope u can understand. :D

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Currie, no questions asked. Yes, at that height the arms are a bit steep for my tastes but that will still perform much better than the extremely flawed RC long arm kit. Drop down to 3" coils if you want to run some shallower link angles. Your Jeep will feel like a totally different vehicle with good springs/shocks, Currie arms/track bars and hopefully some Currie sway bars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx for the advice :D
i'm going to sell my jeep because i want 2 d44
here in italy they cost much more than in USA
2 d44 here cost about 10000 $
instead buying a rubicon tj cost to me less..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm thinking to hold my jeep, and maybe think about the axle swap when and if i'll broke an axle... right now i have a super 35 with arb locker in the rear, 4.10 gears and stock d30 in front. hope this setup can hold the 35" tire.
for the lift, i'm sure i'll buy the 8 control arms by currie, a currie antirock and the front track bar always by currie, but for springs and shocks i was considering the RCD 3 inches lift. someone is running this lift? i've red only good review about the bilstein 5100, but their progressive springs? how works?
i'm sure i want to drop down mu jeep to 3" lift.. i've just got one 1" of body..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys i'm back1!
i decide to hold my tj, i swapped my old axle with 2 d44 from an old waggy,
now 'ive got a rear ARB and 4.88 gear...
i'm going to dorp down the jeep with a local handmade 3" coil..
and put 8 arms currie style..

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
Remember that the shocks will do the most to make your ride soft or hard. I prefer Rancho 9000 adjustables as you can make the ride as hard or as soft as you like. Also stay away from Rough Country anything. Currie is high quality!

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
So are there a lot of places to off road in Italy? My dad lives in Italy,

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hey man I just left Padova! Was in town for work with The Boss. Now in Milano!! Would have been cool to meet an Italiano jeeper. I saw some Jeeps but every single one was stock! Buona fina set dimana, ciao

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
35" tire, 4" lift pro comp (hate it)
i want the jeep ride soft..
I have found that with my Jeep - the more weight over the rear axle has provided me with a softer ride.

That, and less air pressure over the rear axle - about 25#p.s.i. is about right with my 15" wheel/35" tire combination.

This lift has been in use for 110,000 miles and 9 years - some parts have deteriorated over time due to constant use down in Baja California over countless off-road miles (like here with the Jeep fully loaded down on a 3 day Baja run)

My rear swaybar links needed replacement due to the bushings detiorating badly after 9 years of constant usage. I bought these Rubicon Express rear swaybar links and threw the Pro-Comp ones in the trash - complete junk after what I put them through, IMO.

After 9 years and 10 months, I am still very satisfied with my Jeep purchase, and 9 years of use, I still like my Pro-Comp lift - I just want better control arms, a new set of shocks to improve the ride. Pictured here on the trail down in Baja California, Mexico with my Off Roading friends.:dance:

[Laguna Salado - Center/Top of map]:thumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good luck on your axle swap. I was just in your country in April....what a great place! I'm ready to move to Venice. Congrats on being able to drive a Jeep there. Those fuel prices are so high.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thank you all guys!! :D
here in italy there wold be a lot of place to do offroad, but there are a loto of laws that don't permit us to do offroad in every place, so we have to wait some events to enjoy our jeep. we don't do rock crawling, we use to go in the woods, so for the majority mud..
always for our laws is not very simple to mody the jeep.. you can't put the size of tire you want, here are all much more complicated, and the price of the stuff it is double than in america... a dana 44 front here in italy would be cost at least 5000 $..
anyway soon i'll post a newq pic of my jeep.. with the 2 d44, new steering and some other mods.. i would like to know what do you think about it.. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi guys!! A question..
I've got 2 Dana 44 from an old saggy, I see that the front d44 I se really bigger than the rubicon's d44, the rear it seems to be the same, do you think they can hold 37 inch tire?? I've got 4.88 gear, and I do mud and wood, I'm not an hardcore offroad,in fact when I see I can't climb something I use the winch.. So no a too much aggressive drive.. What do you think?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts