Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Wrangler with half doors and the type of mirrors that move every time I shut the doors/hit bumps etc. They are terrible, can never see out of them because they are facing the ground. Will the much improved style mirrors that came on the 03-06 TJ's swap right up? Let me know so I can order em up.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
No way to tighten your's up? I have the same type of mirrors that you do, I have a 2000, and mine are very stiff, never move around like yours.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I put the newer ones on my 97 with hard doors and they fit great. I was having the same problem with the older style.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
If you pull up on the rubber boot in between the mirror head and the mount you can see the shaft there has a flat to it that a 7/16 open end wrench fits perfectly on. Its reverse thread, snug it up and it shouldnt move anymore. Did mine this morning, someone else suggested it on another similar thread.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
If you pull up on the rubber boot in between the mirror head and the mount you can see the shaft there has a flat to it that a 7/16 open end wrench fits perfectly on. Its reverse thread, snug it up and it shouldnt move anymore. Did mine this morning, someone else suggested it on another similar thread.
Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts