Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neat little story. One of my employees wanted to use my gun range while my family and I were away for the weekend. Nice young man, and usually makes sound decisions. After walking down to the range, he decided that his Toyota 4X4 pickup could be driven through the fresh soft mud remaining from the freshly melted snow. (He was wrong.) I got a call from him after he realized that he was stuck, and although I was 3 hours away, I'm convinced that he heard me laughing. I call my next door neighbor and ask him to go help retrieve the stuck Toyota.
Neighbor drives his 4wd John Deere over, but his turf tires simply spun in the mud and were no help whatsoever. I tell my employee to leave his Toyota in my field and to drive my jeep home, and I will addrress the issue upon my return. This morning we go to recover his truck. Thinking that the Jeep is way too light to grip through the soft earth, I take my F-250 diesel down to begin the recovery. As I expected, the F-250 does what it's designed to do and I begin pulling his 'yota up the hill without a hitch. That is, until we reached the muddiest spot that also happens to be the steepest incline. The Nitto Trail Grapplers begin to fill with mud and begin to spin. I unhooked the Toyota to avoid getting the Ford stuck, but it was too late. We now have two stuck vehicles....
Enter the Jeep. I was absolutely certain that the little Jeep could not pull out a 9,000lb F-250 up a muddy hill. It's just too light to be able to dig through the soft upper mud to reach firmer ground. I was wrong. That little Jeep amazed me, it pulled that big diesel up the long muddy hill without a hitch!! She then returned to do the same with the Toyota pickup. Kudos to the 35" Duratracs hooked to the 4.56 ratio Ford 8.8. Plenty strong and capable. These things aren't just toys.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Nice story. Reminds me of the childrens book "The Little Engine That Could"

·
Registered
374 Posts
lol "I think I can, I think I can..."
HaHa, mine starts out sayin' that, then after a little while it just says "shit on this give me a beer".Lolol

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a similar story but it was the jeep that got stuck first, so I then went and got the tractor to pull it out, but it was so soft that the vibrations from the tractor got it stuck. Then we got our old 4 wheel drive chevy stuck trying to get the tractor out. The only vehicle we had left was our old dump truck, which got stuck as soon as it left the gravel driveway. It was quite the ordeal. We ended up leaving it all for a few days to dry out and then my dad came in his cummins and pulled everyone out. I just wish I'd taken a picture of all of them

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
B-wils, I'd love to be able to see that picture. I've witnessed quite a few instances where the rescuer becomes a victim. Some of the best stories start out innocently

·
Registered
198 Posts
B-wils, I'd love to be able to see that picture. I've witnessed quite a few instances where the rescuer becomes a victim. Some of the best stories start out innocently
Kind of off topic, But in my line of work, When a Victim goes down, There is a chance a rescuer will to,
The ratio is generally 2:1 so per 120 victims there were that many more rescuers down!

So moral to the story is, DONT BE THE SECOND, or third or fourth in your case, VICTIM!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Kind of off topic, But in my line of work, When a Victim goes down, There is a chance a rescuer will to,
The ratio is generally 2:1 so per 120 victims there were that many more rescuers down!

So moral to the story is, DONT BE THE SECOND, or third or fourth in your case, VICTIM!
What line of work? So your saying don't help people?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Pretty sure that's not what he's saying. Be smart. You need to assess the situation instead of running in to the rescue. This goes far beyond pulling out a stuck vehicle. I'm sure he is referring to job sites or confined spaces. Like said, don't be the second victim.

·
Registered
2002 jeep wrangler x
233 Posts
I have always help strangers since i have been helped too.

looks like you have watched to much suspense movies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts