Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and didn't find anything (could be weak search-fu on my part) but has there ever been a thread with a good list of what tools you need to work on a Jeep?

We have parts and pieces of tool sets and I'm in the process of sorting and putting them all together in my big tool chest. Which popped the question in the head "what tools are needed for a Jeep TJ, YJ, ect?". Since most sets come with stuff you don't really need and just take up space I'd like to have a set of what you need and nothing you don't.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Other than basic tools a good quality torx set will be handy if you ever take your windshield down and whatnot.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have never bought a tool I did not use and eventually it came in handy. I just bought an O2 sensor wrench. I could have rented it but I bought it. I changed my Jeeps two upstream O2 sensors last evening and I will do my wife's very soon.

One of everything on the Snap-On truck. You can never have too many tools.

Seriously, try to purchase quality tools that will last a lifetime for your basic sets and that means USA made.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I searched and didn't find anything (could be weak search-fu on my part) but has there ever been a thread with a good list of what tools you need to work on a Jeep?

We have parts and pieces of tool sets and I'm in the process of sorting and putting them all together in my big tool chest. Which popped the question in the head "what tools are needed for a Jeep TJ, YJ, ect?". Since most sets come with stuff you don't really need and just take up space I'd like to have a set of what you need and nothing you don't.
Here is a list of trail gear that I take. There is a comprehensive list of tools on page #3 but the tool list was not mine - it is from someone on this forum that I downloaded in a .txt format. All I did was put his or her list into the third tab of my spreadsheet. Thanks to whoever that was! Someday I might actually carry all of those tools but today I just carry some of them.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Cell phone. ;-)

tow strap, hammer, zip ties & torx set is all I have

1 - 5 of 5 Posts