Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still confused. When I do a "Build my Jeep" I see the 3 piece Black hardtop option and the 3 piece color-matched option. When I select one of the those it adds a price to the final number. What the heck top does a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited come with if you DON'T select one of those options. I was told they come standard with a black hard top. Okay...then why would choosing the 3 piece black hard top be an option. Isn't that what it comes with??? Or is there another type of black hard top that isn't a 3 piece? Still confused. ALSO when you select the "Dual top" option is says delete the soft top. Then why would it be called a Dual top option?? To me I would think that means TWO tops.:confused:
I must be missing something.

Need some clear direction before getting it "just right". Will be purchasing my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Dozer). I love yellow!

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
They come with a soft top standard.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
They come with a soft top standard.
^^^ This.

I'm still confused. When I do a "Build my Jeep" I see the 3 piece Black hardtop option and the 3 piece color-matched option. When I select one of the those it adds a price to the final number. What the heck top does a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited come with if you DON'T select one of those options. I was told they come standard with a black hard top. Okay...then why would choosing the 3 piece black hard top be an option. Isn't that what it comes with??? Or is there another type of black hard top that isn't a 3 piece? Still confused. ALSO when you select the "Dual top" option is says delete the soft top. Then why would it be called a Dual top option?? To me I would think that means TWO tops.:confused:

Need some clear direction before getting it "just right". Will be purchasing my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Dozer). I love yellow!

You're not the first to be completely mystified by the ridiculous "Build Your Own" options. When you select "dual top", it says to delete the soft top, but you're in effect buying both the hard and soft tops.

I think. :D It's been awhile.

Jeez. A sudden flood of bad memories...

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts

Shoulda mentioned this earlier: If you post this in the JK Jeep section, you'll get a TON more hits, and someone there will probably be able to answer your question in pretty short order...since there are tons of peeps there ordering or who have just ordered.

Give it a shot. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts