Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of some family friendly trails near the Gatlinburg TN area? Taking a family vacation there the first week of August in my Rubicon JKU. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I can't recall the names of the trails be a few years back I picked up a trail that left from Cade's cove, it was a pretty easy kinda gravel road, had the trail to ourself.

On the other end of the park there was another road we tried to take however the night before we did the drive storms came through and took a bunch of trees down... I can't recall what the road was called

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the reply, I'll look that place up and see what we can find.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Not many jeep trails in the park, I have taken the one out of Cades cove, Parson branch. Its not much more than a single lane gravel road, but was a great road to get away from the crowds. It is a one way road, so if you go down it plan accordingly. Also check out Jeepism in Townsend, TN just west of Gatlinburg, they do runs once a month so they could help you out.. There are a couple of other roads in the park just look at the park map.

https://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/upload/GSMNP-Map_JUNE14-complete4-2.pdf

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, will check that out. Getting away from the crowds will definitely be a plan. It's been a long time since I've been to the area, but I remember how beautiful the mountains are.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again guys, we did end up going to Cades Cove today and it was a beautiful spot. No bear sitings but saw some deer and wild turkeys. Really good to get away from all the noise downtown.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts