Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So - -we have a 2011 Jeep Mojave Unlimited. Took the hardtop off for the summer and installed the soft top (actually - after 6 hours of trying to put this thing together, we drove it to the dealer and asked them to finish it!).

Anyway, it is getting pretty cold here and we are looking to re-install the hardtop. When I had my two-door, I left the soft top down (got it pulled back as neatly as possible) and put the hardtop on and left 'as is' since I rarely carried any cargo nor needed the space.

However, the four-door gets a lot of use and very often, my husband needs to stow a lot of stuff.....plus he doesn't want to ruin the soft top.

1. How many owners totally remove the soft top and frame before re-installing the hardtop for winter?
  2. How many of you fold it back and re-install the hard top? (leaving the soft top on the jeep itself) Has it gotten ruined?
  3. Lastly, how difficult is it to remove the rails/etc? What kind of PITA is it to reinstall next spring?

In hindsight, we just should not have purchased the soft top -- and used a brief/bikini for the warmer weather.

Thanks in advance for any insight, experience and advice you can offer.

-Kathleen

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I just pulled my soft top off last month. When I bought it, the hard top and soft top were both on, but I hated the lack of room. I just threw a couple straps around the soft top when it was down and pulled it off the roll bars- 4 bolts total. Rolled up all windows, stored them in a blanket, and stacked plastic frame pieces.

S

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! When you say you strapped around it -- can you be a little more specific? I believe I may know what you mean - but want to ensure I have the right picture.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
When the soft top was all the way down and bundled nicely, I just threw a couple velcro straps around the whole thing, so I could take it off in one piece after removing the roll bar bolts. That was after taking out the rear and side windows, of course.

S

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When the soft top was all the way down and bundled nicely, I just threw a couple velcro straps around the whole thing, so I could take it off in one piece after removing the roll bar bolts. That was after taking out the rear and side windows, of course.

S

Thanks. Sounds perfect and the description is very helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts