Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know exactly how the warrenty works with new jeeps and adding a lift and accessories? When i bought mine i pid an extra $2k for a lifetime warrenty as long as i own it.. covers everything on the jeep...

Im looking at lifts, accessories and such but do not want to do anything that will void that warrenty... its a heck of a deal to have years down the road...

Theres gotta be a few people on here that work at a dealership!!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Well you warranty would cover what the Jeep had when you bought it, not what you add to it afterwards, but I would probably go see how friendly your dealer is with adding mods. He is ultimately your friend or foe when it comes to dealing with your warranty issues in the future.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I have the lifetime warranty, I have a lift and bigger tires along with a winch and other things. It's obvious I offroad with it though I do maticulously clean it.
I have had my jeep in for warranty work three times, no issueas at all with them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
All depends on your dealer. Some are more mod friendly then others. Personally you probably through away 2K in my opinion. I believe you can get it refunded if you are still under the original factory warranty.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
When i bought mine i pid an extra $2k for a lifetime warrenty as long as i own it.. covers everything on the jeep...
You need to read thru all the "fine print" in your Lifetime Warranty contract. You need to look specifically for exclusions for abuse, such as racing or off-roading.

If such language is in your contract, a major lift could be considered evidence of off-roading. Whether it does or not, really depends on the dealer and their subjective opinion.

·
Registered
578 Posts
All depends on the dealership. Mine sells a lot of modified Jeeps right off the lot. I have had my Jeep (2.5" lift with 35's) in for service many times with no issue. I do not have a straight skid plate left under my rig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts