Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
That is Hilarious!!!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The idea hit me last night as I was driving topless and doorless enjoying the summer ride. Was waving at other fellow jeepers with enthusiastic return waves and then came upon one at a stop light that actually looked away as I was turning so she didn't have to wave. The sticker was descriptive.

You don't need to wave, but she actually looked away. Really irritated me.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I guess I need to play devil's advocate for a second and say, there are reasons one doesn't return a wave. :hide:

1) There can be several things fighting for the driver's attention at that moment. Even though their brain notes there are vehicles in other lane, their brain might not immediately highlight that one of the vehicles is a Wrangler.

2) The other Wrangler is a manual, and the driver doesn't have a free hand to wave, while he is shifting, turning, changing music, adjusting temp, etc.

:pop:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the other side Walt. I am going to modify one of the sickers and add the word "DISTRACTED" for those that are too busy yanking on things to wave.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I have a manual and I can wave when shifting... just saying. A simple two finger acknowledgement will do it. :)
As long as you don't try to do yet something else, and you're down to doing a one-finger wave. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Driving to pigeon forge yesterday. Out of about 50 jeeps, only 2 waves.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Because lifting two fingers off the wheel momentarily can be just too big a burden and you might go careening off into a ravine. Stay safe.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I am curious what the political views of those who wave vs don't wave are as well as the political views of those who get their feelings hurt or get upset if they wave and don't get a return wave vs those who wave and do not care whether they get a return wave or not?

me conservative and rarely wave. If I do I don't feel slighted in the least if no return wave.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts