Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

At lunch, I drove around and waved at 2 YJs, 2 JKs & 3 JKUs. Guess who waved back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just for fun, I drove around town during lunch in my TJ and waved a 2-YJ's, 2-JK's and 3-JKU's. Guess how many waved back. I made it a point to wave though all were windshield waves - none hanging out the door!

Poll ends in 7 days.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I get about a 50% response in winter, but 70% response this spring...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'll guess 2... The yj's?.... Drove around topless today running errands --- the soccer moms in JKs were to busy working their blue tooth and Nav to notice the beautiful weather. Honestly, screw the. "Jeep wave" thing... I'd settle for people just being human and waving back at someone who took The time to say "Hi" them. We're running a society here people.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I waved to about 6 Jeeps today, 4 were JK's two TJ's all but one TJ waved back (though I'm pretty sure he didn't see me) :)

:thumb:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I learned the "Jeep Wave" from a friend I knew back in '02 who had a Jeep. I've owned my TJ for about 4 months now and have given up all hope I don't even wave anymore cause I just end up looking like a tool. However I do follow the Jeep out of the corner of my eye waiting...just waiting for someone to restore my faith in Jeeple, but alas it has not happened yet.

·
Registered
848 Posts
There's this one orange 4 door jk in my neighborhood and I wave at this mom EVERY time I see her. And every time she just stares at me like I'm crazy, it's funny at this point haha

·
Registered
326 Posts
In before the lock :)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Generally I throw my hand up and keep my eyes on the road. I don't know if they waved back and I don't really care enough to get upset about it. I do it because I want to. I don't do it to get people to notice me.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Generally I throw my hand up and keep my eyes on the road. I don't know if they waved back and I don't really care enough to get upset about it. I do it because I want to. I don't do it to get people to notice me.
+1. Even if they don't get why I'm waving, I know why... Some will learn and some will trade it in after a 3 year lease and let us Jeepers buy it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.