Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so tired of all the jeepers hating on JK owners and how they don't wave. Come on Jeepers let's just get along and realize that a jeep is a jeep.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
Personally I can't believe anyone would even worry about it enough to create a thread complaining about it. :confused:

·
Registered
790 Posts
The only time I've ever seen Jeepers wave is out on the trails in Colorado. I have yet to see anyone wave at me in my LJ. I think the wave is a myth...utterly deceptive twaddle speak says I. :eek::flipoff:

Now on a motorcycle...there's a REAL waving tradition...:p:cool:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jerry Bransford said:
Sheesh I'm SORRY for commenting in your thread! I PROMISE to never comment in one of your threads again. :eek:
Your comment was a complete insult, so that's why I asked.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
Your comment was a complete insult, so that's why I asked.
I finally understand why you got upset, it's clear now that you misinterpreted my post. I was in agreement with you about OTHERS complaining about people not returning waves. I thought I was clear that I was agreeing with you, I see now that my comment could have been misinterpreted.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally understand why you got upset, it's clear now that you misinterpreted my post. I was in agreement with you about OTHERS complaining about people not returning waves. I thought I was clear that I was agreeing with you, I see now that my comment could have been misinterpreted.
Fair enough, apology accepted. I apologize too. I was just ranting, it's not like I meant for this to be a meaningful thread.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The only Jeeper that waves at me is the mail lady. :rofl: I was under the impression that only motorcycle folks had a wave. I guess I need to start paying attention.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
The only Jeeper that waves at me is the mail lady. :rofl: I was under the impression that only motorcycle folks had a wave. I guess I need to start paying attention.
Pretty much all unique vehicle owners wave at each other. I have owned a couple small sports cars and we all waved at each other back in the 60's and 70's. Bikers do, Harley owners do, Corvette owners do, Jeep owners do, etc. Heck even different brands wave at times. Whenever I see a well-built obviously offroaded Scout, Bronco, etc. or they see me in my obviously offroaded Jeep which indicates we have a shared interest, we wave. Pilots of the same type airplanes do the same thing in the runup areas just off the runway before takeoff. :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Pretty much all unique vehicle owners wave at each other. I have owned a couple small sports cars and we all waved at each other back in the 60's and 70's. Bikers do, Harley owners do, Corvette owners do, Jeep owners do, etc. Heck even different brands wave at times. Whenever I see a well-built obviously offroaded Scout, Bronco, etc. or they see me in my obviously offroaded Jeep which indicates we have a shared interest, we wave. Pilots of the same type airplanes do the same thing in the runup areas just off the runway before takeoff. :)
Speaking of Scouts, I just saw one out running around...nothing terribly special, but looked like it'd be a fun project...had decent sized tires on it. Cousin's husband got one awhile back as a project...haven't seen it recently, but I know he's taken it out to the local off-road park a couple times.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Mission accomplished :wavey:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think all Jeepers, myself included, regardless of what Wrangler we drive, should take the advice of my father: Wave to everybody. You never know who'll be on the jury.:wavey:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wave at all Jeepers, whether I get one back or not. One guy at my post office has a Rubicon, and after passing him the last week on my way to work and waving every day, he's finally started to wave back. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wave at the jeep, not the driver.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You forgot the Truckers.:wavey:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts