Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have owned a jku for over a year. I am a great waver. Sometimes big wave, sometimes just the fingers off the steering wheel... but wave everytime I see another wrangler. most tj and yj's wave back. The jk's are hit and miss big time :(

Come on jk owners!!! Wave dammit!!!

So... I just (4 days ago) bought a 98 tj. And I have to tell you... the waves are different! 99% of tj and yj's wave! And it's more enthusiastic! !!

I love both my jeeps... but I think I'll be jumping in the tj more often :)

?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a 99 tj... I was driving with my son and gave the wave. My son asked me "do you know that person you just waved to?" I replied "yes and no". "I don't know the person driving but I'm friends with his vehicle (another tj)"

·
Registered
279 Posts
Keep wave is awesome!! I always like non jeepers reactions while in my jeep as they ask if I know that person. I definitely say tj guys and gals are much more likely to give or return the wave

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have to say even though I love the jk (and I will own one in the future) I have noticed that the jk owners who don't wave are always the soccer mom types and only bought their jeep because it can fit a lot of groceries haha. It makes the real jeepers look bad and surely makes you look stupid when we wave and they don't wave back!

·
Registered
417 Posts
It really bugs me when I miss a wave. I try very hard to wave at all modded fail door wranglers (jk) just kidding? And all tj cj yj. But when I see a wave out of the corner of my eye that I clearly missed.... I feel like one of "thoes guys" .... I was driving the wife's kj renegade the other day and accidentally waved at a tj! He waved back! Lol...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Jeep wave!!! I would say depends on where u are as to the amount of waves u get. I find that jeeps that are modified seem to wave more thank stock ones! But tjs wave more than jks for sure!

·
Registered
959 Posts
It makes the real jeepers look bad and surely makes you look stupid when we wave and they don't wave back!
Nah... don't look at it that way dude. But yeah, I just don't get the non-returned waves though. Hell, you can wave to me from a Studebaker and I'd still wave back! Waved to a guy in a YJ today.... he actually looked shocked! Must have been his wife's jeep lol. ;)

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
In before lockdown.
X2, LOL. I disagree completely. I get the most waves from JK's. TJ's don't wave nearly as much around here. So little that when my son is with me he always says that was a TJ, and I reply " yeah those guys are @$$hole$." I got nothin against TJ's but they sure seem to have something against me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What makes me feel really stupid is more than half the times I wave, I catch myself saying "hey..what's going on" or something like that. They probably think the crazy Jeep guy is talking to himself again :)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I wave at all jeeps. I have to say that the wave is pretty much nonexistent in my area. Hardly anyone waves back.

·
Registered
340 Posts
My jeep's been disassembled for a better part of a week for various fixes, so I've been driving my Suburban. First time I've not driven the jeep for so long. And it's weird. You'd be looked at 6 ways from Sunday if you waved in a burb, and probably chased down with road rage.

Various fixes done tonight with the Jeep, so tomorrow I'm back to waving like a mad man.

And seems like a lot of stock JKs around here don't wave, but all the lifted ones do. Perhaps that's got something to do with it. Talked to a JK owner in my parking garage at work, and it's like he didn't even care that he had a jeep. I felt like yelling "You don't deserve her!!"

·
Registered
752 Posts
I was talking to this dude about this, he said guys probably don't wave back because they are afraid of getting slapped by their wives or girlfriends, hahah.

·
Registered
33,540 Posts
:include: in before the lock.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.