Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wavey:

Okay so I have had my 99 TJ awhile and my sister liked it so much...always drove it when she came to town...always wanted to buy it....tried to beat me out of it so we fought fire with fire. My Brother, My Mom, Myself & her husband all chipped in fourths and got her one for herself.

How do you explain the jeep wave to somebody who has never owned a jeep?

·
Registered
203 Posts
dont, no-one explained it to me i just realized when at least every other wrangler waved to me, figured that must be a "jeep thing". It always makes me smile though, dont know why.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am also a victim of the jeep wave smile, every time it just gets me. I love these silly cars.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm waiting for someone to come in and say "oh no not another dumb jeep wave thread" but I don't care cuz I love "jeep wave" threads :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
It kills me when everyone talks about the jk's being stuck up and not waving. Well all I can say is around here, the tj's won't even wave at me but the jk's will wave at me everytime. I will not bash the jk's because they are the friendlest around my parts.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I enjoy the Jeep wave so much that it gets me mad at people who don't do it. Some of the time you may not see me and that is fine I do that all the time too.

But when I see someone in an 2010 Unlimited with 31s and the driver is a 45 year old female checking her makeup while on her cell phone I get angry! :banghead: :9lame:

Its their money and they can drive what they want to obviously... But it just makes me so mad.. I think to myself, You have no idea what you're sitting on lady! Fork that Jeep over right now! :bottom:

I get the same feelings when I see 07-10 with a rusty gas tank skid plate :rolleyes:

I always make comments to my girlfriend like," That's just wrong. It's effing wrong. "

AGH!.

Sorry. Rant Over.

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
thats interesting, i never seen a jeeper wave to me.. haha, when i use to own a zx6r we use to wave at everyone we see, except for those harley guys they just ignore us down here. If sport bikes and harleys dont wave, jeeps and ______ dont wave? so whats the rule, a steering wheel two finger up wave/or do yall stick your hands out the windows like sport bikes put their hands down at a 45 degree angle with an open palm?

·
Banned
34 Posts
jk's are jeeps?

big plastic tonka jeeps

every TJ and XJ with 31's in town waves when i roll past them

always thought it was funny though makes the town seems more freindly

·
Registered
190 Posts
All kinds of waving going on around here.My youngest daughter always says hey daddy here comes another one.:)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Took me awhile to figure out why people were waving at me even before anyone I know, knew I bought the Jeep!! The one's that don't wave make me call them snobs under my breath, as they go by!!

I don't really classify JK's as even being Jeeps. People should've just bought a regular dang station wagon!! They almost never wave either. :(

·
Registered
772 Posts
get alot of waves around here, but noticed it's usually the 4 door and girls that do not wave. Got a feeling to them, it's just a 'car' and they just don't get it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
***JEEP WAVE***

What about passing (same direction) or at a stop light? Wave or no wave? I feel bad not waving or at least trying to acknowledge them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was driving at night in the rain. Right behind me a TJ turned and was passing me. So I look over and barely visible I SAW THE DRIVER WAVE AS HE PASSED ME. Put a big smile on my face and waved back. The wave is strong in Maine. lm/

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I get the same feelings when I see 07-10 with a rusty gas tank skid plate :rolleyes:
Do you actually crawl under JK's to check out their gas tank skids? The gas tank is under the passenger seat. What looks like a TJ gas tank skid is the JK's muffler. That's why some of them are rusty.

·
Registered
392 Posts
In my area mostly every jeeper jk tj yj waves except this one guy. I always see him too. The funny thing is we have the same exact model color hardtop everything and he refuses to acknowledge me. One day he will learn the wave lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
The TJ's, YJ's, and CJ's wave, but no JK's. Not quite sure why, but in my area normally the people who drive JK's have a bunch of kids in the back seat. Maybe they just aren't aware or maybe they're better than me.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts