Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to group. Looking at buying a 2013 Sport 47,230 miles with no A/C, I tried looking for kits on Jeepair and they only list up to 2006.

They were asking $20,990...tax, title and dealers fees took it to $23,700 but I offered $19,000 with tax, title/reg and dealers fees included and that's because it has NO AC and they accepted pending me getting quotes on AC....What am I getting myself into?

Thanks! ALL input and criticism welcomed....I can close deal tomorrow. Did I mention I live in SoFlo? What are my choices other than going through the dealer to install the AC if I do purchase??

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had a 2005 4cyl without AC. Had aftermarket AC put in. It sucked! Where do you live? I think it is too much for 2013 Sport without AC. Even with AC! But you said nothing about what else it has!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I'd just find another Jeep. I don't have to have the all the latest luxury car amenities, but A/C is nice. Even if you don't think you want A/C, resale value will be less in South Florida, so I don't really see you saving any money.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
No A/C on a Wrangler being offered for sale in Southern Florida. :jawdrop:

Call them back, and tell them since you haven't heard back from them yet, you are now lowering your offer to $15K.

Quotes from similar threads ...
no one wanted this Jeep because of no air-cond. so the dealer had already gone through the process of seeing about getting it added... chrysler reps told them that it could not be done easily and that yes the parts could be purchased separately from MOPAR but there was no A/C kit.. unlike the TJ's where it could easily and cost effectively be added.
My wife and I found a JK in the color we really want but we were told it does not have factory AC ... They said it would cost about $4000.00 to put it in ... has anyone bought a JK and then put AC in?

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Bought my 08 without air... there is one shop here in Tacoma that will add the factory air components, including swapping the control panel to one with the button, for a mere $2800 plus tax.

Here in the Great North Wet (not a typo), I only need air for a month in late July-early August. The temps aren't the issue... road noise is. I ride with the rear window open to ease the air flow, but am really considering adding air.

'Course, when you're nekkid, air's a waste!!

If I were buying another Jeep, it would have a/c...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts