Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,771 Posts
I think easy if you have an idea what to do in what order. I think I have a handle on that. I hope. LOL. I don't know a lot. But as an aircraft mech- a- nik I think I can figure it out. Probably be a tool I don't have that gets me. I installed a leaf spring lift on my 1981 Cherokee. That was fun on the garage floor that I never want to do again. I am going to rent a spring compressor just in case. You are welcome to come over if you want. A seasoned observer would be great to have.
When is it happening?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I put the 315’s on. As long as I don’t hit any bumps I am fine. Metalcloak lift arrives Friday the 5th. Before and after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,771 Posts
My TJ was good with a 4” lift and a soft top... but no way the JK fits.

You still have old wheels, yeah? You might have to sweat this out in the driveway...

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I have AC in my garage. I am not doing this in the driveway..lol

I have to air down to get in and out of the garage.. oops!

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
I said I might have to. I measured today. Should have room. Top of opening is 83”. Top of Jeep is 76”.

Yup! My garage is 77" and my Jeep in 76 1/2, but the angle that it goes in creates rub. So If I air way down I can sneak her in... I haven't tried with the top(hard) off yet.. I'm thinking that will do the trick.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yup! My garage is 77" and my Jeep in 76 1/2, but the angle that it goes in creates rub. So If I air way down I can sneak her in... I haven't tried with the top(hard) off yet.. I'm thinking that will do the trick.

It looks like I can get it through the door. For now. I am one roof rack away from being garage blocked!

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Managed some pics.

She's sitting so nice now:thumb: Looking forward to more pics.

-Steven

Reactions: AZchip

·
Super Moderator
3,771 Posts
Assuming you put extended brake lines on? Check connections. Common spot is cross threaded unions at the manifold that bolts to rear axle.

As for the rubbing, do you have signs of paint/powdercoat wear on front lower control arms? Check driveline clearances, of all things around them (evap boxes, exhaust, skids, etc).

Get the front axle off the ground and have someone cycle steering.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I found it. Front left line. At the new extension. Also, not sure how it happened I had the wrong bolt in the front track bar at the frame side. Letzroll found that and that fixed my neutral stability steering problem. The noise was the rear brake line extension bumping on the rear sway bar. Just pushed it in some. All good.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Before and after lift. Was on vacation. Got her aligned today. Great shop I found. Letzroll off-road.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts